Saab 9-3 Sport Combi unlikely but awesome Viper V10 transplant recipient

Discussion in 'Station Wagon News From Around The Web' started by wagonmaster, May 16, 2011.

1. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Filed under: Aftermarket, Motorsports, Performance, Wagon, Etc., Europe, Saab, Specialty

[​IMG]
    Saab 9-3 Sport Combi Viper V10 - Click above for image gallery

Of the multiple sacred laws of hot rodding, "Thou shall put big engines in small cars" is by far our favorite. This line of thinking spans cultures and has led to the creation of many a magnificent machine. Machines like this Saab 9-3 Sport Combi with a kicking V10 sourced from the mighty Dodge Viper under its hood. This thing puts a whole new spin on the term "sport wagon." As you might imagine, shoving a longitudinally mounted lump of American engineering into the engine bay of a small Swedish long roof required significant re-engineering of the 9-3 body structure, including fabricating an entirely new transmission tunnel.

With that big lump situated behind the front axle and a set of stoppers lifted from the big snake as well, we have to imagine that this beast is an absolute terror on the track. Who do we have to bribe for a little seat time? Check out the full build over in Zatzy forums thanks to contributor mrspringer.Saab 9-3 Sport Combi unlikely but awesome Viper V10 transplant recipient originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 16 May 2011 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

2. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don't even know what to say about this car. Except...I, also, would like some seat time! I saw the pix of the build and was pretty amazed at the talent of the guy. And amazed at the end result. I would hope that, at SOME time in the future, we will be able to see some track times.:yup:

3. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

Ugly ,stealthy but wow would that be fun!