1972 442 Vista Cruiser?! ={D>

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by OldsWagonmaster, Nov 20, 2014.

1. OldsWagonmaster

OldsWagonmaster Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I wanted to share this with you guys because some may recall my efforts in building my dream car.

However, I regret that the car in this picture is dirty AND has a mis-matched stoneshield! Lol. When/If I get a wild hair up my backside, I may buy a paint gun and respray that with a closer color, if I don't get the car repainted first (I can live with it for a while). And as far as it being dirty, the car has been sitting up since friggin late AUGUST! I snapped this pic after we pushed it into the drive from down the street after my first attempt to get it back on the road due to recent troubles.

I may wait to get the car painted until after I get the OAI hood.

Now, here comes the poll. Most OAI hoods are painted with the scoops a different color than the car. Usually white. But I have seen a very few with the scoops the same color as the car, and I kinda like it. In fact, I saw a pic of a 71 Vista with an OAI hood, all one color, that retained the vinyl wood paneling, and I REALLY liked it! So, I want to get some input on that.

OAI hood all one color, or two-toned theme on the scoops?

Anyway, here's old STATION as it appeared dirty as hell a month ago. It's much dirtier now! Lol.

Here's to having it on the road in the next week or so! :drink:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :drink:OAI hood all one color:drink:, or two-toned theme on the scoops?:thumbs2:

3. BuLvr

BuLvr USAF Veteran