1973 Chevrolet Caprice Estate - lowest priced in years!

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Apr 23, 2014.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Would really love to see more pictures of this one. Even with a little rust that is still a very good price.

3. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, that is an awesome price. Looks like it will be derbied if someone don't get it soon? I tend to see a lot of these wheels here lately on these wagons? What is the deal? The '73 Caprice hubcaps are one of my favorite hubcaps, but people are quick to rip them off. If this was a 3-seater, I would trade my '72 for it. :) I wish if people would only put one photo that they would at least list some of the options the car has. Power windows, power locks, cruise, tilt, 3rd seat? ??? ??? ???

Looks like he will only trade for dead presidents though??

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

I see power tailgate from the one picture. :confused:

5. Glide-Aways

Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    From the one photo, this wagon LOOKS gorgeous and the price SEEMS great. At first glance, there's nothing about the car that would discourage me....it's the seller himself that scares me away from even inquiring about the car. Hopefully someone (other than a derby buyer) who is closer and has "thicker skin" than me saves this car and gives it the care it deserves.

6. Glide-Aways

Wagon Garage:
    I agree, MotorMike!

7. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

generally if it has those wheels on it it IS a derby drivers car. SS chevy truck wheels. they are the big thing for the derby guys.

8. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

I believe this is one of Mike McCoy's old wagons. However it has been drove A lot and is not as clean as it appears to be

9. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    He'll trade for "dead Presidents", eh? I guess hundreds won't do the trick, then. Last I checked, Franklin was never President! Of course, with the complete revisionist bu!!$#it the little kiddies "learn" in gubmint schools these days, they may have made him one.

I don't mind his ad, actually! My CL ads generally read the same way. People in general, have no clue how to read or understand the written word these days. I keep it simple. Here is a part of a current ad I have for a van I'm selling:

If you are reading this ad, yes, I have the van...NO texts, NO holds, NO checks, NO warranties, NO BS!

NO TEXTS!!! NO trades. NO TEXTS!!! NO delivery. NO TEXTS!!! NO shipping. NO TEXTS!!! NO holds. Oh, yeah, NO TEXTS!!! Buyer picks it up, with cash money in hand.

If you are reading this, it is still for sale. One more time - If you are reading this, it is still for sale.

10. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Unless there is something bad wrong with this CE that we cannot see, there is no way it should be derbied. It has survived 40 years, and there are just too few of these clam wagons left.

11. Glide-Aways

Wagon Garage:
    I could not have said it better myself! :tiphat:

12. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    Ahha, I see! Looks like this one is barely hanging on then. lol.

It sure would. This is an unusual color and the power gate is a plus. 3rd seat and any power options would make it even sweeter.

This part about the ad has me scratching my head, "Dont really have many pictures of it. If your a derby guy coming from another state and are a serious buyer then ill take the time to do it".

So he will take pics for a derby guy, but not for someone wanting to restore and preserve it? :confused:

If I had the $ to spend, I would buy this car. Funny how when I had $4,500 in my pocket back in 2005-06 to buy a wagon, I looked for months for a nice clamshell for less than $4K and never could find one until I found my '72 that was not even road worthy that I paid $4K for... then I see cars like these pop up on here, nice and roadworthy and now I don't have it to spend on one. lol.

13. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Were I in the market for a Clam, this one looks like it could be a very decent buy. It sounds like there is not too much wrong with it that some tlc won't cure. After all, you are buying a car not the seller, so his attitude is not that important as long as he's honest and you can actually reach him to make the deal.

14. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    That is right. Have the cash and go and get... should be a fair deal. :)

15. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'd suggest being very, very careful with this seller. You're already getting put into the 'other guys category when he indicates he'll bend over backwards for the DD guys...... Probably not one to be trusted.