1. yellerspirit

yellerspirit Well-Known Member

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/cto/4714944457.html

1979 Chevrolet Monza Nomad 2 door wagon. Hatchback, Sedan Delivery, Nomad Wagon, Vega style body. Great running V-6 with automatic transmission, power steering and air conditioning. The odometer shows 103,000 miles which is accurate as the original owner who bought it new kept meticulous maintenance records (he is a machinist in Levelland).
    I bought the Wagon and refinished the Monza to replicate a 1956 Chevrolet Nomad. The vehilce has the original interior - the drivers seat needs a bolster repaired. The car pet in front is weak and covered with floor mats. The back is perfect and the back seat looks like it has never been sat in. Look like the owner kept the back seat folded down and used the wagon to haul groceries and household items. We used GM base coat and clear coat for the paint job and had Rick Mayo of 8 Ball Engineering in Clovis to air brush the 56 chrome. The car runs great - drove to Clovis a couple of times and the little Nomad wants to run 70mph - eager car and rides very nice. Great street rod, cruiser, show car, parts chaser, classy work car, classic car shows, car clubs, you name it...just fun, would look great with a surfboard and have a surfer car wagon, station wagon, runabout, delivery vehicle, sedan delivery.
    Hard to find the Hatchback Wagons today because they were the best car to drag race; the only other Nomad Wagon I know of belongs to Don Hardy Race Cars.
    Come by my shop and check it out....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Needs some details, but all in all, not bad, not bad.........

3. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

They actually DID make a Nomad Vega wagon.(dealer option I think)

4. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Yeah, we had some discussion about them some time back and if memory serves it was a dealer installed option.

I think they looked pretty good, can't say the same for the above wagon though.

10505718964_01eed07fd0.jpg

10505701426_5a1950018d_z.jpg

PASSPROFILE.jpg

And a combo of both Nomaded together. The doors missing window treatment would have helped the look, but still not crazy about it.
    nomad_2_original.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014