Volvo 122s wagon

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Eagle Freek, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Eagle Freek

Eagle Freek Well-Known Member

Any Volvo guys here? I was donating my time and some materials to a cat shelter. I helped a buddy drywall a room, did some trim work and I weatherized an exterior door. I've been there several times but never went on the other side of some bushes where there is a house where the lady who runs the shelter lives. I saw an old Volvo wagon and asked her about it. She said a friend parked it there and it was only supposed to be for 5 weeks. 5 years later and it's still there. She said I could probably have it for next to nothing if the owner knew I was going to "restore" it instead of junking it. It's in rough shape but man it's neat looking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Thats a cool find, looks almost 100% intact cept for the mis matched interiour and the non stock air breather.

3. Eagle Freek

It's got a Weber carb and Pierce intake which I think aren't factory either. If it wasn't for the amount of rust, not much for those in the rust belt, I'd jump in it.

4. Roadking41A

Roadking41A Well-Known Member

Nice find...

5. DrCAS

DrCAS Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Snag it and drop a newer motor in it.

Heck, find an old 151 Iron Duke for the swap.

Personally, I think it is a cool looking car. Clean it up and make it yours!

6. DrCAS

DrCAS Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    that steering wheel is very cool! Love the script emblem on there...

7. Roadking41A

Someone save that wagon.

8. Eagle Freek

I'm gonna try. I just bought that Cherokee project a month ago,http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11496, and the trans went out in the Eagle 2 weeks ago so I'm a little strapped for cash and especially space. I'm going to get in contact with the owner and see why he parked it in the first place before I proceed an further.

9. Roadking41A

How cheap is it?

10. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

Cool Volvo...and I wanted to give you kudos for donating your time, materials and effort to help out that lady's cat shelter.
    You are all right, dude! :1st:

David :)

11. Roadking41A

Yeah Yeah he's a big softy. :biglaugh: Great Job helping scooby snacks. I mean helping the hairballs no that isn't it oh now I got it the Puddy Cats

12. lowlow37

lowlow37 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    These cars are great! If i found one in this shape, i would snap it emmidiatliy.
    Them white lenses in the rear are great, havent seen them before! The weber carb was really popular at the times, otherwise they had a Stromberg sidedraft-one barell. With a carb setup from a later volvo -240- and the OD trans, these cars are unbelievly cheap to ride around in.. And sure can match the highway speeds both in driveability and comfort.
    As a little off topic thing, the brakes on them volvos are still used on a lot of the hotrods built in sweden.... I myself has the 122S spindles and brakes on my -37 Nash..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  13. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yup....cool that you donated time, freek.
    Regarding the Volvo. I would think that the lady would be grateful that you helped her and would love to get that car out of her yard. She should call the owner and tell him she is giving it away and then GIVE it to you. It's a cool wag but I don't like it when a car sits for years and begins to rust and then when someone shows an interest...it's suddenly worth money! Tell the lady you will tow it out of her yard free.:D

14. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm with Fox on that one. ABANDONED VEHICLE, MECANICS LEAN, many ways to go. After 5 years as far as I'm concerned She doesn't even owe the rude dude the curtisy of ah phone call! ORRR, She could call the rude dude and inform him that he owes her $50 ah month X 60 months storage fees and he has 30 days to cough it up or the Lil' Volvo's headed for the crusher:rofl2:Offer her scrap price and she'll probably be happy as ah clam! You know how happy them clams are, Their always smilin' from one end of their lips to the other:yahoo:

15. Eagle Freek

She is good friends with the Volvo owner and he spends a lot of his time at the shelter so I don't think she minds too much that it has sat there as long as it did. I will try to contact the onwer in the next couple of days and see what he is trying to get out of it. If anything maybe I'll help him clean it up a bit so he can find it a new home.