'60 Ford 2-door Ranch Wagon - Santa Ynez, CA.

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Krash Kadillak, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY WAGON. Contact owner in the E-bay listing

NO-RESERVE AUCTION

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ebc59e6db#ht_500wt_1048

This 1960 Ford Ranch Wagon was put together by famed Bonneville Racer George Poteet for the 1997 Hot Rod Power Tour. I first saw it for sale approximately ten years ago in Hemmings Motor News and, by the time I got around to calling on it, it had been sold to a buyer in Oklahoma. In 2005 I saw it advertised again, this time on E-Bay and placed my bid to be sure to get it. I picked it up in May 2005 and drove it all the way back to California. I have now enjoyed it for the past seven years and it is time to make room for new projects. The Wazee Wagon is equipped with a 351 crate motor producing approximately 420 HP, based on the previous seller's information. It definitely gets up and goes well. It also has a Ford C-6 automatic transmission, a Ford nine inch rear and front disc brakes. The air conditioning blows cold, the original factory AM radio still works, after you let the tubes warm up, but you will probably enjoy the hidden AM/FM CD player tucked neatly away in the glove compartment. The flat black paint is seriously rat rod material. The interior is very nice, but no seat belts came with this vintage vehicle. There is no power steering or power brakes, but I have had no problem cruising it all over the place. It is especially nice as a highway vehicle, cruising all day long at whatever speed you like. There is one spot of rust through on both rocker panels only visible from underneath the vehicle.

The mileage listed (14,990 miles) is what shows currently on the odometer, the actual mileage is unknown.

This is a no reserve auction. If only ONE bid is made, you will own the car, unless someone outbids you.

The vehicle will need to be picked up here in California, or you will have to arrange your own transport.

Bidding on this vehicle is a contract, if you bid, you must be prepared to pay. (Check with your wife BEFORE you bid.....)

I accept Paypal or bank check to cover the purchase price. You may pick up the vehicle AFTER you funds clear my bank.

(Pics in the listing...)

Sorry - unable to capture URL to copy/paste pics.......

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

That's nice! Rev and Jairus will particularly like it I bet! (y)