1995 Buick Roadmaster

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 1964countrysedan, Jul 26, 2011.

1. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I may have the opportunity to purchase the following vehicle within the next couple of hours but do not have a clue as to how much I will be able to get for it. I have no intentions of keeping it but it looks like a nice clean wagon that someone may be looking for. Unfortunately I will not be able to drive it prior to its sale due to timing and location.

do know it is driveable, inspected and what shows in the photos.

Is this something someone might be interested in? If so what is a fair price based on the little bit of info I have provided.

Thanks
    Rodney

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. HillbillyHipster

HillbillyHipster Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looks pretty good, sounds like you are at a auto auction. Good luck!!! Hope you snag it for a fair price..

3. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    get it. light adriatc blue limited. should have heated seats or at the very least power lumbar. $3000-$4000 do some light touch up and swing it for $5 or $6 grand.

Edit, i just noticed that some idiot screwed the black trim on. bad bad stuff.

4. 1964countrysedan

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the feedback.

If I could get it for $3000 or under I would stand a good chance of at least breaking even (assuming the condition of some of the unknowns).

Rodney

5. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    Try to fimd out if the cap and rotor have been changed

6. 1964countrysedan

Wagon Garage:
    I put in a bid and will know something tomorrow. Tell me about the reason for the cap and rotor swap.

7. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    nothing too bad, usually the car is due for cap and rotor around 100k (though..if it ain't broke don't fix it!) and on an LT1 car the cap and rotor is a pain in the butt. it involves removing the waterpump (and at $45-$60 its best to replace while you have it off) and harmonic balancer. that said if it runs great .. let it be! but if it has been done already, its a selling point if your trying to flip the car. what state is the car from?

8. 1964countrysedan

Wagon Garage:
    I bought the car and drove it to my shop today. It appears to be a great car that has been well maintained.
    The only flaw that really stands out is the woodgrain that has peeled or is peeling on some of the trim/molding.
    I did find one small dent in the left rear quarter above the wheel well but it is shallow and hard to see with the woodgrain. It has what appears to be new Michelins all the way around.
    I have included a close up picture of the roof to show the condition of the paint. The paint is like new (but not a repaint) The dash was covered with a dash cover. I was afraid to look under it. The dash is in new condition. I have removed the pad. Everything seems to work as designed with the exception of all passenger windows. They will not roll down with any of the switches including the driver's. The driver's window switch does work. I suspect there may be a wiring issue with the "unlock/lock" switch or perhaps a separate fuse? Will research this tomorrow. The leather is in great condition with the exception of three places on the driver's seat that show its age. I believe I can repair these when I condition the leather.

I did not know the tail gate opens both down and out on these cars!

That is a quick update. After I drive and detail the car some more I will report back. This is going to make someone a NICE cruiser. The 60 mile drive to the shop was a blast!

One reply did mention screws through some of the trim. I believe this can be repaired. The ones on the outside do not stand out near as bad as the two white ones on the inside of the rear passenger door.

This car has lived its entire life in San Antonio Texas and, judging by the condition, was garage kept and not owned by someone with regular passengers (or even irregular passengers ;-)). The CARFAX supports a pretty clear history.

Rodney

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  9. 1964countrysedan

Wagon Garage:
    paint (I think the lense on my phone has a spot or two)

Attached Files:

10. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Congrats, nice looking wagon!
    [​IMG]

11. 1964countrysedan

Wagon Garage:
    Oh yeah. The drive home reminded me that the A/C blower motor sounds like it must have an 8 of clubs attached with a clothes pin; more investigation.

12. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    the trim is easily fixed, anyone remember my write-up on hand painting?
    link anyone?:link: actually you may be better off putting new trim on supposedly its cheap. then you have no screws!

13. 1964countrysedan

Wagon Garage:
    trim thread? What is a good search to locate your thread on "hand painting trim" Every search I try returns hundreds of threads.

After looking at the trim more closely about 50% is missing or peeling. I didnot notice much yesterday because, the tail gate for instance, is cleanly missing all of it and it is not a bad match.

Thanks
    Rodney

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  14. 1964countrysedan

Wagon Garage:
    I found the "card" in the blower motor.

Attached Files:

15. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    wood grain repair

"Sa Sa Sa Sa SALAD SHOOTER!"

the wood grain is easy. a little time consuming but easy.

1.take all the trim off if you want but i used a razor and tweezers to get the last flaky bits off.
    2. mask off the trim very well.

3. DO NOT SAND. you want it to remain smooth as possible (and the semi-sticky residue left will help you here).

4. with a small house brush(foam or bristle) paint on a lighter base coat. (i used a matte almond acrylic enamel...it's held up well! but car paint can be used)

5. as its drying, keep going over it in a long (very long) stroke to keep deep brush marks in the paint. dont worry about having a steady hand, unless you have parkinsons it will look fine!

NOTE: Do steps 6 and 7 one panel at a time otherwise it will dry before you can finish

6. when the base coat is sufficiently dry paint on the darker topcoat with the same long strokes.
    7 as soon as you paint it, while it is still wet, wipe it off in 1 long slow wipe. (you dont want to get all the paint off). the darker color will sit inside the brush strokes creating wood grain.

8. repeat 6 and 7 if you want it darker.