1968 Caprice Wagon w. 396

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Gnugnaf, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Gnugnaf

Gnugnaf Member

Wagon Garage:
  2. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Where is the wood-grain? :)

No wood-grain, it might as well be an Impala. :)

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That is correct. At least for '66 -'68 (Maybe longer..), the Caprice wagon had basically the same interior as the Impala wagon. This one does actually seem to be a Caprice - per instrument panel nameplate. And no, as far as I know, there was no 'wood delete' option. If you didn't want the wood, you bought an Impala.

4. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, I think up through '74 the seating was exactly the same between the Caprice and Impala of the same years, except in '72 on the very few that had the brocade cloth interior option. I think that starting in 1975, some of the Caprices could have a different seat pattern. The door panels were the same as well except the Caprice wagons had the Caprice emblems in the doors and the Impala had the Chevy bow-tie. The dash panels were different though... the Caprice had more wood-grain accenting. The Caprice had wood-grain trim on the driver-side of the dash panel... the Impala didn't.

5. hullinger

hullinger Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Boy I like this one. Even though red isn't my color I do like the stance and look. I will say that my smile got turned upside down after seeing the front seat. You'd think for 18 Large you'd get the correct seat covering. It also reminded me how plebeian and pedestrian Chevy made their interiors during this period. A real downer when compared to the other brands.

Chris

Chris