1970 Pontiac Ventura - $895 - PA

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 101Volts, Jan 29, 2015.

1. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4867080240.html

No engine or transmission and there is rust. More photos in the ad.

Per the ad:

1970 Pontiac Ventura wagon fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean

condition: new

I've stored this car indoors for five years, but the way the economy has been, it doesn't look like I'll ever get the time or the money to restore it or even to part it out. So, if you're looking to restore a Pontiac wagon, cheaply, or if you need lots of hard-to-find 69-70 full size Pontiac wagon parts, this is the one for you.

The interior in this car is a VERY rare Ventura variant, the only one I've ever seen in my 30+ years of Pontiac-ing. And, it's in really nice shape, too.

The car has no engine or transmission.

The car has a title from Iowa, I believe.

THE PRICE IS FIRM.

Derby hicks need not apply.

More pictures here:

http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/LesAptTheGreat/library/1970 Pontiac Executive wagon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Car is definitely rusty.

Two comments of his stand out:

"The car has a title from Iowa, I believe."

You believe? You don't know? Don't you have the title? If not, how are you selling this car?

"Derby hicks need not apply."

How does the seller know what the buyer is going to do with the car? Is he profiling his customers? Even if asked point blank, no buyer is obligated to admit what his plans are for the car, or he could just lie, and I've seen derby guys wearing suits and ties. The bottom line is, his cash is as green as anyone else's. Once it's his car, the buyer can do whatever he wants with it.