'96 Buick Roadmaster

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by HandyAndy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

2. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's a hefty price tag. I don't know the miles but that is high! Nice car though.

3. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

What a beauty. It looks new. $14k might not be that bad!:D

4. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Not that bad? I found one the exact same color, one owner, cherry, with the optional Vette engine in it and every option offered. EVERY option. $5000. I'm thinking about it. If I didn't like the eighties wagons so much I would probably have bought this one by now. My problem has been that I can't find a cherry late eighties Electra wagon.

5. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Andy likes his 1996 Chevy. He's cruisin' again! :evilsmile: :biglaugh::biglaugh:

6. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I will tell you this....I sat in one of those Roadies the other day and I have NEVER sat in a car so incredibly comfortable!

7. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    I will agree, the only thing that compared to this ride was my 78 Coupe Deville, the seats were not as comfortable or the ride as posh, but it still was a nice fat ride.

Dont let the battlebarge size fool you, these cars have a very short turning radius and very easy to park in crowded lots. I was impressed, I also have a 98 Monte Carlo and that had a wider turning swath then my Roadie.

8. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah...I'm still looking for my '80's Buick wagon but I have to admit that I HAVE begun looking at the '94-'96' Roadies. They have a quick engine, too, but....still lack that 500 ft/lbs plus of torque that the 455 has. Getting out of the hole with a wagon is everything. I'm not a drag strip guy...but I DO have a reputation to uphold around this area. I want to maintain my reputation as the old white haired guy with the old station wagon that blows off the kids in their Mustangs and Camaros. :yup::2_thumbs_up_-_anima

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  9. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    The LT1 will do that no problem. Just a few lil tweeks and it will spank a 455.

Here are the specs on this 14 second landbarge.
    Mods are Cold Air Iintake, 2500 stall converter, 3.73 gears, and a dyno tune. Everything else is stock.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  10. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey...Blackfoot...go to the heading here called "General Automotive Tech" and scroll down to my post "Hey Jaimie...Take A Look". After you watch that we will talk more here.:yup:

11. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    Ive watched that video many times, lol. Its deffinatly not stock, but shows that one can be made to haul the groceries in a very timely fashon.

12. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah...I heard he was running NOS that day. No offense, but one thing I don't like about the Roadies is the cheap materials and build quality. The '80's wagons build quality was way better and used better materials. That's why when you see one yet today they still look new if cared for at all. I don't know what kind of velour they used for the seats in the Electra but even cars with 300K on them look new inside. Having trouble finding one though. The Roadies can be taken care of and moldings replaced etc and it may be the last of an era of body on frame wagons. As much as I like the '80's wagons I am leaning a little toward one of the Roadies. But I DO beg to differ with you...I can build a 455 and matching wagon for wagon the LT1 will be lookin' at my tailights run for run. BUT, at what cost? As I said, I'm not a track guy but I do like a street wagon (stock looking sleeper) with drivability that will perform nicely but have as much power as possible for the street. I think I could go fast for less money with the LT1 and have more comfort on long hauls. The '80's wagons are not UNcomfortable at all but the Roadie seat I sat in was like no car I have ever been in before. It fit me perfectly. One other problem I have with the Roadies is the colors. I sure would like to have one in black. Never seen one in black so I don't know if they make them. I know I could have one painted but that's just one more expense. Especially at todays cost. Costs a fortune to get a car painted decently anymore. Anyway....If I find a Roadie that catches my eye, preferably a '96, I may just cave in....:)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009