1993 Ford Crown Victoria - very low miles!

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 72KingswoodEstate, Oct 23, 2014.

1. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry, not a wagon, but I wanted to share. This is a local car I spotted this evening on my way home from work. It is a 1993 Crown Victoria, like new inside and out and only has 41,000 original 1-owner miles. $2500.

Should I grab it? I need a good work car. I am thinking about selling my Subaru.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    What's wrong with the Subaru?

3. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    It is just too small for me. I thought I could get used to it, but I am just not a small (or mid-size?) car person. lol.

My dad is getting a 4wd so if I ever need it for a snow event (which we really don't have many of), I can use it.

4. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    I also found a nice 1994 Camry that I really like, same price, but higher miles. I have had two of these in the past and loved them. They will run forever if you care for them, but again this one has about 4 times more miles than the Ford does.

[​IMG]

5. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    For that money, jump on it. The 4.6L V8 is a decent enough engine that propels the CV along well. Nice rig!

6. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    I think I will if they don't sell it before I can get to it... if so, I will go for the Camry. :)

My '95 Town Car moved along briskly with its 4.6L.

7. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Nice thing about both cars is that there were about 1.3 trillion of each built, parts are plentiful and cheap, and both drive well. Last a long time, to boot.

8. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    Yes!

Thanks. I called about the Ford tonight and the guy I talked to is selling it for a friend that bought it from the original owners (now deceased) son. He said it was garaged (obviously) and runs excellent and has cold A/C. It also has brand new Michelin tires. He is tied up tomorrow until after 5 and I am tied up after that, lol. I am going Sunday afternoon to look at if it hasn't been sold. If so, it wasn't meant to be, then I will go and look at the Camry. I may still look at the Camry tomorrow, not sure.

Keep fingers crossed. :)

9. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Looks like a very good Crown Vic for the price.

10. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks. I actually passed on the Crown Vic. The tranny had that well known "shudder" in overdrive, the same shudder my '95 Town Car had developed. I am sure all it needed was a fluid/filter change with Mercon V fluid (which cured my Town car for about 30K miles), but he wouldn't come down from $2200 so I passed.

I DID however buy something else... a 1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with 59,000 actual miles. The lady that owned it was 94 and had recently deceased. She bought the car brand new at age 70. It has set awhile and needs servicing, but it will make a nice car when I am finished. I picked it up really cheap, so I think I did pretty good. It needs a good tune up and a good detailing. The driver side door is sagging down due to a broken pin or something and the slamming of the door has knocked the hinge loose and not sure how in the heck I am going to fix it?? My mechanic is going to look at it one day next week. I am wondering if that panel that has screws can be removed and I can get access from behind it? (Thankfully it has the 4.9L and not the 4.6L Northstar!).

[​IMG]

I came out and my mom had put a block behind the back wheel... I guess she thought it was going to roll away? lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  11. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    There is an issue with fuel pumps on these. If it rolls craps on ya, it is not a cheap fix, even if you DIY it. Pretty nice car you found, no doubt!

12. MercWoody

MercWoody Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nice Cadillac! My brother had a 91 Sedan DeVille Executive Edition as his first car. My grandparents bought it off my great aunt and uncle who were the original owners. At the time the car was about 10 years old and had under 50k on it. It was baby blue with a half navy vinyl top. Same blue leather as yours. He loved it and drove it for many years. I was always surprised by how much pep the car had the few times I drove it. If I remember correctly, I think it required premium gas which you may already know. This generation of Caddy was also known for always dripping a few drops of oil. My great aunt's did practically from day 1. It was never anything major that required more than a quart to be added in between oil changes. Good luck with it!!!(y)

13. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's a nice little Caddy, and that 4.9 is a great motor, they run forever. At those miles the car is hardly broken in! MUCH better than a Subaru! Enjoy!

14. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Very nice looking DeVille. I think you'll like it a lot - and I agree that it's just broken in. I've had my 2001 Eldorado since new and it still runs and drives like new at 102k miles.

15. occupant

occupant Occupantius

Wagon Garage:
    I'd have bought that Cadillac. The 1991-1993 sedans are a very clean looking car. All the Amway people I hung out with in the late 90s bought them. Some were red inside but I liked the blue or the medium tan. The ones in Touring Sedan trim are even sweeter. Those look like this:

[​IMG]

I would have passed on the Camry and the Crown Victoria. I just have no love for the 1992-1996 Camry (even the wagons with the twin rear wipers) and the Crown Victoria had that chunky airbag wheel through 1995 so I'd hold off for a nice 1996 or 1997 model, LX, with the HPP (Handling & Performance) package. Dual exhausts, better gearing, crosslace wheels, and improved suspension. Or go whole hog and get a 1996-1997 Town Car with dual exhaust, then toss on the 1998-2002 style wheels. They look good like that. Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

I would lose the chrome wheel arch trim. Black on black or white on blue. Oh and a real white, not pearl white.