1968 Dodge Monaco Wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by WAY2OLD, Aug 18, 2015.

1. wildbillruiz

wildbillruiz New Member

I did not pick the color scheme and yes it has a pristine exterior and stock well surviving interior. My accountant tells me i have quoted the selling price at $3,000 less than what I paid for it. If a buyer wouldn't mind having the seats color changed they would have a new car inside and out. To reply to your nasty inuendo yes REALLY. If you can't find anything good to say about a mans car you should just keep it to yourself Really. Vomito Really, did you take your medication today?

2. pyasher

pyasher Well-Known Member

Sorry if I offended you but a blue car with a green interior will be hard to sell. By the way I do not take any meds...

3. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

So your using the 20,000 miles on the engine as the original miles on the car? That's not really the right way to advertise it.

4. just me

just me Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My mom's 68 Polara wagon was that light turquoise blue outside (see engine compartment pics) but it had the medium blue interior. Those who view turquoise as blue never thought anything about the combination but those who view turquoise as green always mentioned the 'mismatch' and that it was hideous looking. To me the turquoise is blue and the late 70s Teal is a green.

I wasn't sure looking at the photos whether the interior was gold/brown or two tone green but my first impression was gold/brown as that would have gone with the original color better than the green.

Bottom line, different eyes see colors differently and whoever chose the color scheme didn't think it was a bad match. I have also seen several cars with dark blue paint and maroon interiors (most were Fords) as well as yellow paint and green interiors (most were Chrysler products).

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Nice looking clean wagon. I like the colors inside and out.
    The only complaint I have is listing the wagon as a 20,000 mile vehicle when that is actually how many miles are on the engine rebuild. I saw nothing about the actual mileage. Still it appears well maintained and clean.

6. WAY2OLD

WAY2OLD Active Member