A few of my wagons............

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Safariknut, Jan 22, 2014.

1. estatewagon

estatewagon Well-Known Member

2. Safariknut

Safariknut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words guys.Whiskey Runner;that Ford pickup was an old R/C vehicle I bought at a yard sale for $2.No controller and it was bright red.I painted it metallic blue.No idea who made it originally but there is a lot of detail in the body and it isn't a vacuum formed one but a regular casting.
    Chef Dough;not sure which wagon you are referring to with stacked lights.Could you tell me what picture it is in?
    When(if) the snow ever decides to go away and I can finally get my Safari out of the garage I will take some pictures of the vehicles in the two large display cases in the shop.Some more wagons and some very interesting vehicles inside. Stay tuned.

3. chefdough

chefdough junior member

Wagon Garage:
    Picture # 2 third one from the left. I guess that you have so many that it gets hard to keep track! LOve the collection. Looks like fun. Best of luck.:wave:

4. Safariknut

Mark I just looked at the picture and sadly that is not a wagon;it is a convertible.

5. chefdough

chefdough junior member

Wagon Garage:
    Thought it was a wagon

Oh! Just my luck. She is a beauty! Nice collection.:banghead3:

6. Safariknut

Here is my newest one;found in an antique shop.Front wheels and clockspring motor are missing and the hood is warped but the rest of it is in surprisingly good shape.Made by Triumph(?).The reason I bought it is I had one identical to it when I was about 8.I'll make a couple of front wheels and struts and it will go on the shelf with the rest of my wagons.Paid $10 for it.

Attached Files:

7. Safariknut

Found a couple new ones today;not wagons but unique nontheless.First is a 59 Ford Ranchero dealer promo.Not too badly warped(right side)and priced right:$10.The other one is a Hasbro Amaze-A-Matic(an early computer operated car.It was programmed by inserting various shaped cardboard inserts which were then fed through the bottom motor/gear train which caused it to turn left or right)model of a rare Corvette dream car(not sure of the name;have to research it).I have another Hasbro car and all the program cards to go along with it.

Attached Files:

8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    '68 Corvette Astro concept vehicle.... it's apparently at the National Corvette Museum
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice score!

9. Safariknut

Thanks for posting those pictures Krash;I had seen the car before I just couldn't recall it's name.

10. Safariknut

Here's one I picked up today that I have been looking for awhile to get.

Attached Files:

11. Safariknut

Here it is assembled.

Attached Files:

12. gray07

gray07 New Member

theres also a camaro made that way, i have them both

13. Safariknut

Here are my latest:A 1956 Safari wagon in 1:18th scale by Muscle Machines and a 1:64th version that I am converting into a 55 version to simulate my real one.
    The 1:18th scale Safaris are somewhat hard to come by for some reason.They show up on e-Bay occasionally but ard usually pretty pricey.
    I first saw them at a car show in Louisville KY about 7 or 8 years ago.The guy only had two and a friend of mine bought one and had me paint flames on it. I bought the other one(a silver one)and figured I could pick a blue one when I got home.
    Well 4 years later my son found a blue one at a store in Massachusetts and mailed it to me.I was now happy.
    Last weekend I went to a car show to stripe and a friend came over with this one and offered to trade it for some striping on his dashboard.DEAL!
    The 1:64th car is one of many that I bought awhile back and I finally decided to try and make it look like a 55. I disassembled it and stripped off the paint using brake fluid.The side trim was modified by filing off the front part and thinning out and sanding down the pieces beside the taillights.I am going to add a piece between the two side pieces using a small section of wire affixed with super glue and then a small amount of glazing putty. I still haven't quite figured out how to modify the grille and front bumper yet but it shouldn't be too difficult.
    I figured I would try it on this size before attempting it on the 1:18th scale car.It might actually be easier to do on the larger scale.

Attached Files:

14. Safariknut

Thought I'de revive this thread with a few more pics.Some of these are wagons and some are "sort of"wagons.There are also two pictures of cars I bought on e-Bay several years ago that are most unusual.One is a 55 Chevy convertible and the other a Datsun 280ZX.What is unusual about them is they are a solid resin casting that has a wood grain detail to it including color.There is some minor damage to them but they are unusual enough that I included them here.
    The mail truck is an original Tootsietoy from the 1930's that came as part of a set of three.Unfortunately I don't have the other two(a 4 door sedan and a roadster).
    The 55 Pontiac Safari is also a resin casting that looks home made and not one of the usual resin casters.
    The Cadillac Nomad wagon is a rubber model by(Auburn?).I'll have to check on that;it's in my shop.
    The Cadillac hearse is a model I started many years ago and never finished.
    The 53 Ford sedan delivery is a modern day issue of a Banthrico model.The giveaway is the turned aluminum wheel/tire.

Attached Files:

15. Safariknut

A few more.

Attached Files: