Any Dodge Dart / Valiant Wagon cats out there

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by glennallenhoward, Aug 23, 2013.

1. glennallenhoward

glennallenhoward New Member

Are there any other Dart / Valiant wagon owners out there on this forum? We should be cooperating with each other regarding wagon only parts. I recently restored a 64 270 which had serious rust problems in the drip rail on the rear of the roof. Fortunately, I found a donor roof and was able to have it replaced. When parting out these wagons it is important to save any wagon only body and interior parts for future restorations. I'm always looking. I also had difficulty locating an original bench seat, but at the last minute, found a rebuildible one in a 4 door Valiant in a wrecking yard.

2. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. My A-body Mopars are Barracudas, not Valiants or Darts. One source to keep in mind for early A-body wagon parts is Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Oregon. Its a Mopar only yard that appears to have a large selection of early A-bodys. Also, Mopar Collectors Guide recently mentioned in one of their magazines, the contact info for someone who is reproducing the tailgate window weatherstripping for early A body and B body wagons.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  3. glennallenhoward

Question

Do you mean your whole site doesn't cover Darts and Valiants. I heard about you from a station wagon site.

4. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

The Station Wagon Forums are open to all wagon makes and models. There are Valiant wagon owners here (a few in America and a few from Australia). It it has been a while since I've noticed a Dart wagon owner post here.

5. Valiant65

Valiant65 New Member

I just have a 63 Valiant wagon parts car. So very rusty the car is falling apart. I wish I could put the roof over onto another Valiant either two or 4 door, but the rear 1/4s don't line up. So, I am on the look-out for a nice 64 or 65 long roof Valiant.

6. glennallenhoward

64 Dart wagons

ARe the rear quarter panels restorable? I have another wagon in need of probably both sides. do you have photos of wagon only parts?

7. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

8. glennallenhoward

wagons

If I find a donor car with a roof, I'll let you know. I need both rear quarter panels. I've never heard of a "Long roof" Valiant wagon, my expert from Slantsix.org says they are all the same length.

9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

"Long Roof", = wagon/station wagon weather it be a Valiant, Impala, Rambler, etc, etc:thumbs2:

10. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:Aboard glennallenhoward. Love them leanin' tower of power A-bodys. 'Specially when they've got 3 side draft Webers and a pair of Doug's Duals hung on 'um:2_thumbs_up_-_anima Enjoy your ride here, we'z all friendly folks ....Oh yeah, Jim has already mentioned Wildcat Motors up in Sandy,Or. as a good source. You might also try Big-M auto in Williams, Ca. 'bout an hour north of Sacramento rite on I-5. It's an all make yard and Steve(owner) is real good folks too. BTW, These 2 Bone Yards are both on the web, plug 'um in and take the tour. Jer

11. Hanswurst von Plumpskloh

Hanswurst von Plumpskloh Prisoner of Foo

I know what you mean. I've also detected separatist sentiment.
    What should throw his faction a curve are those Canadian Valiants and Darts which don't know if they're Valiants or Darts. just like those Canadian Chevies and Pontiacs who also suffer from an identity crisis, to the point to where there are no such thing as Canadian Chevy and Pontiac engines

12. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean our PLODGES? They did the same sorts of things with the full sized Dodges, using Plymouth dash boards here.

13. Hanswurst von Plumpskloh

Hanswurst von Plumpskloh Prisoner of Foo

...and also your Chontiacs and Pevies

14. Polara Pat

Polara Pat New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have a couple '64s in our group. One Canuck and one Yank built. The styling on the Canadian Valiant slays on the American one unless that's all you know and can't see the forest through the trees. I also own a Canadian '63 Pontiac that sits on an X-frame and no, it doesn't have the "wide track" but guess what cures that knock knee'd affect...Full reverse wheels.
    :cheers:

15. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey, Glen. Consider this my overdue 'Welcome!' to the SWF.

Personally, I LOVE the look of the 1st generation Valiant wagons. I almost scored this one back in 2012. It's in Australia now, from what I've heard.

[​IMG]