There's Good News ... and Bad News

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by scohrs, Oct 9, 2010.

1. scohrs

scohrs New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well -- a friend of mine decided to sell his '59 Oldsmobile Fiesta I mentioned a few weeks ago. It's a Super 88 with the 394, really nice. Has power steering/brakes, windows, seats, A/C. Needs nothing but an occasional drive and a garage to keep it in. He's owned it almost 10 years (it was a California car until 2001).

I was really excited :yippee: This is an opportunity to get one of my "Wish List" cars -- and it's a rare one at that. He was planning to bring to Hershey, but we negotiated a price last week. So, that's the Good News ... I bought the car.

I'm not sure who's more surprised: me or him (he figured that he'd never sell this car). I think he's experiencing seller's remorse -- when he dropped off the car last Sunday, he asked for "right of first refusal" if I ever decide to sell it.

But now for the Bad News: I'm selling a couple of the wagons you see in my Garage. :yikes: I hadn't planned to do so, but the Fiesta was a bit out of my price range. Truth is, I blew the budget.

So -- the '60 Mercury Commuter and the '61 Buick Special are up for sale <sniff>. I'll be (reluctantly) posting them on different venues in the near future. If anyone's interested, feel free to contact me directly.

BTW -- I'll post pix of the '59 Fiesta later this weekend.

2. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    at least you kept the CP(y)
    congrats on the new baby(y)...cant wait to see her:D