'62 Ford Galaxie Country Sedan on eBay - Scottsdale, AZ

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jim535, Aug 27, 2014.

1. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Suddenly Ford Galaxie wagons are poppin' up for sale all over the place.

It's a bit of a stretch to see this one selling for $14,500.

I have to wonder how many of these rear window decals that you see plastered all over these wagons from the '60s are original. I don't remember seeing every second wagon with these stickers in the '60s. Then again, maybe I was living in the wrong area of the country. :confused:

And I didn't see that many with surf boards on 'em either. But I was definitely living in the wrong area of the country for surfing. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Galaxi...d2318aceb&item=331301301483&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

[​IMG]

2. chefdough

chefdough junior member

Wagon Garage:
    Nice ride although I would expect it to be immaculate for the asking price.
    Maybe I am wrong.

3. finsrin

finsrin Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Like what the wheels do for it vrs factory wheels covers against that body color.
    Nice as it is, think it needs another color like resale red or something to sell at that price.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Growing up, I saw a lot of surfboards on (or in) vehicles - none of my own, though. Thing was, not all of them were wagons. Saw a lot of VW bugs (sticking through a sunroof), VW buses, Ford Econolines and Chevy Vans (the early ones) , some very early Datsun P/U's. Wagons were usually old and somewhat crapped out. Wagons were real cheap back then, don't forget. Serious surfers didn't put a high priority on money.

Driving down Pacific Coast Highway into Malibu, or down into Hermosa Beach, you would see these parked surfer vehicles lines up for blocks......

This is a small parking lot, and might be a set-up for a TV show, but it's a good representation:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014