1972 Chevy Kingswood Estate - oddly optioned

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 72KingswoodEstate, Sep 2, 2014.

1. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Not sure if this has been posted before, (I have seen the car several times before floating on the net) but here is a oddly optioned 1972 Kingswood Estate wagon. It has a 402 big block, bumper guards, power gate, luggage rack, towing package and that appears to be it. No power windows, no power locks, no cruise, no tilt, does not even have A/C. Not sure, but it looks like it is a 2-seater model as well. Not a fan of the '78 Caprice hubcaps that are on it. I mean I like those hubcaps, but they look off on a '72 model. I do love the color combo... white with blue interior. I wish mine was that color.

These pics were obviously taken back in the winter somewhere... not even really sure where this place is at??

http://www.dickdaymotors.com/Inventory%20-%20Premium%20and%20Collectible%20Vehicles/1972%20Chevrolet%20Kingswood%20Estate%20Wagon/default.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

Nice car, but strange it has no AC. As some know, I'm a pretty big '71 and '72 fan and I've never seen one (that I noticed anyway) with no AC yet.

I agree Tony, that is a nice color combo.

Bill

4. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

He's out of his mind, price-wise, even if the car DID have A/C. Has a power tailgate at least. Very nice car, but still overpriced, even at $11,900. Good luck to him.

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Way back in 1972 I bought a new red Ford Gran Torino station wagon with a 390 and auto.
    All it had to have was power steering, auto, and a large enough engine to pull mid sized RV's.... and be bright red.
    She/he was right on the Ford lot. No AC, no power windows or locks, no power seats, and basic am/fm radio with rear speakers.
    Later I wished it at least had a power rear tailgate window but the crank handle worked out fine considering when towing it was never down.
    I did not have any vehicle or RV with AC until 1977.
    Living in central Illinois it really wasn't that popular. That's what those window cranks and fresh air ducts were for.
    If my late model truck had vent windows we'd rarely use AC now.
    The less things on your car the less things break. The only thing that talks to me in my vehicles is my wife. I've never found the OFF switch! I even get upset when the thing on the dash says DOOR AJAR. It's a door. Not a jar!:rofl2:

6. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Concord, NH.

7. busterwivell

busterwivell Bill, AZ Geezer

Way, way back, my Dad said the same thing as you, T1. If the car doesn'r have it, it won't break. His cars were low optioned. He bought a brand new 66 Fury II wagon, only because they didn't have a Fury I in stock. 318, automatic, no ac, crank windows, manual tailgate.......
    I bought my sister a car some years later, 67 FuryIII, 383, auto, tilt, AC, power windows........my Dad liked it and told me to find hime one just like it. I found a twin, color, everything.............he never had another car without ac again.

8. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I will admit it's a lot easier to tap that right window power button than bending over the seat at 65 MPH to lower the passenger window! Or the rear ones.
    My Torino did have white walls and full wheel discs but that was a necessity back then. But don't even remember it having cruise.

9. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

listed by:
    Dick Day Motors
    198 Loudon Road
    Concord, NH 03301

10. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Don't need AC in NH.
    It's winter till July then winter after August.