My new wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 69gomad, Jun 11, 2011.

1. 69gomad

69gomad New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Howdy, I am working on a 69 chevelle convert and happened across a nice 1969 Greenbriar (Chevelle) wagon while looking for parts. I bought it and a parts wagon (now I have TWO!). Soooo here I am spending a ton of money and decided I wanted to fix up this too cool wagon too. I am certifiable. I jumped on this forum in case I needed to find parts for these since they are becoming pretty hard to find. I have a big puzzel I am putting together and actually talked my brother into building the parts wagon...yikes.

2. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    OHHHH...nice got any pictures. I'll show you mine if you show us yours :bouncy:

:Welcome: aboard. :rofl2: I think we should make you Station Wagon King! There alot of folks here who have several wagons but your the first one I've heard of that brought a parts car and is now restoring it too. Now where will you get your parts from? Maybe I won't show you mine :rofl2:

3. 69gomad

69gomad New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ok, PC is givin me a hard time. I added a few teasers to my profile. The fiirst is my 1st parts wagon that I gave to my brother (he gets the leftover parts) it is a Greenbriar. The second wagon picture would not post. That is the one I will be restoring. I posted a picture of the convert that started this whole mess - then the next step when the body man tore it down. Then the finished product...IM KIDDING! That is the convert of the man I bought the wagons from. Mine still pretty much looks like the second picture. Gomad alert, I bought a 1971 4 door for my wagons drivetrain today and its so nice I dont want to disassemble it....but budget is screaming so I probably will. I will add more pictures when I can of the other wagon. Thanks! Oh, Fannie, lovin that there Beamont, cool colors, was that original?

4. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome 69gomad!

5. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:to the wagn train, gomad. Yup...you got it bad...like the rest of us. Once you get a car, ANY car, home it's hard to tear it apart. It's always more fun to keep them alive.:D(y)

6. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Gomad gone mad

:Welcome:to the wagon forum. I'm sure glad that bug never caught up with me. Must be some terrible sickness! Do you bleed 10-W-40 ? Do you suck on W-D-40 just to keep from gettin dizzy? Do you eat in the garage? Do you take vacations just to wander around in junk yards? Yes, junkyards. Salvage yards are for yuppys and tree huggers. Do you have more cars than you have money or room? :biglaugh:You need help man. Maybe I can take a few of those clunkers off your hands before you start tearing them apart. That's what us new friends are here for ! If you want to be greedy and keep them. Good luck and have fun checkin us out. We are not certifiable. There is no official name for what I have. :dancing: But it keeps me off the streets and out of most bars.

7. 69gomad

69gomad New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for all the "welcomes" folks :tiphat:. I posted my pictures of the 69 Gomad today, as you can see, I have a LITTLE work to do. But that is why we do what we do! The madness continues, my dad did not want me to tear the 4 door apart for the drivetrain so he bought it from me. It's all good, :2_thumbs_up_-_anima the family that Chevelles together...uhm. Now I must find another motor --someone please tell me I dont need a 454 with gas at $4 a gollon....hmmm?:taz:

8. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Oh, Fannie, lovin that there Beamont, cool colors, was that original?[/QUOTE]

NO this is not the original color, which is great because I don't like it...which is funny because it is also the same color red that's on my Jimmy and I really like it...different cars I guess. Fannie's original color is Grecian Green

[​IMG]

MMMMMM love it :p

9. Homestar62

Homestar62 New Member

:ttiwwp:

Welcome :jumping:

10. 69gomad

69gomad New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Green 68

NO this is not the original color, which is great because I don't like it...which is funny because it is also the same color red that's on my Jimmy and I really like it...different cars I guess. Fannie's original color is Grecian Green

[​IMG]

MMMMMM love it :p[/QUOTE]

Niiiice - I dont know if I have seen any if at all in that color...that 68 looks great. I can see why you would go with that. Cheers :drink:

11. SAGIN 73 WAGON

SAGIN 73 WAGON New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sagin 73 wagon

Just joined see gomad is just getting started on the painful path of resto. Good luck on it. Had a couple of ideas to restor my dads wagon and now im certifiable. There are before and after pictues under the "garage" heading. Its almost done after two years. Still have to make the carson top and finish the interior.

12. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: Gomad

no.dude...you dont need a BBC...:D

13. 69gomad

69gomad New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Help - Need rear bumper bracket!

Sagin - that is one wild wagon! (y)

And Rev, thanks for helping me see the light! :dance:

I was workin on Gomad a little today and found out the BOZO :rednose: that took the back bumper off forgot to put the LH bracket in his big pile of parts AAARGH! ANyone out there with a bracket for a 69 - 70 with swinggate bumper - let me know.
    Other than that, got a little organization of the parts pile. Much cleanup and some painting is the next steps. Have a good one out there in Wagonland.:idea:

14. new59

new59 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sweet project, I sold my 70 malibu wagon years ago and always regreted it! Good luck with your 69.