Mountian Dew car wrap?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by WagonKiller, Mar 17, 2014.

1. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

Got an e-mail to do a car wrap deal. so for shats and giggles I responded. I figure what the hell ya wanna pay me $600 a week i'll take it lol

WELL after correspondence back and forth he is in Canada(supposedly) and will "send a check" to cover my first $600 and the funds to cover the graphic artist to install it. That's all fine and dandy until you get to the part of the "WIRE TRANSFER of FUNDS" to that said graphic artist!

I was surprised he used good English skills, But out of country(paying in Canadian funds) deals with wire transfers isn't Kosher in my experience!

Anyone else see one of these deals? Figured I would warn people.

I did tell him I was going to research it and contact authorities in reference to it

Did not seem outlandish as I am on LOADS of vehicle related sites until the wire transfer part.

This was for mountain dew energy drink.

2. Thirsty islander

Thirsty islander Well-Known Member

Wagonkiller I posted on this site looking for third row seats for my colony park and some guy from Sweden, I think, pm'ed me saying he had a set mint, all parts and colour I was looking for. I dont think I even put the colour I was looking for in the add. I asked for pictures but he said he had poor internet service just wire the money and the seats would be sent. He wanted four hundred, seemed resonable, but the shipping would have cost that much. What a scammer!!!! He also had no posts on stationswagon forums. Beware their everywhere!!

3. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

no out of pocket money for you is it?

4. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

No just a rubber check I deposit then I "wire" money from it(my bank account) to someone else(graphic artist). Then the check is discovered BAD and guess who goes to jail. so YES it is money out of my pocket!

5. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Sounds legit....... Pepsi who makes/sells Mountain Dew in Canada also would randomly contact some one in Greensville PA to advertise thee product:rofl2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl2:

6. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Actually, you may be thinking about a scammer in England who employs this very tactic - he has "every part" you need! As an example, a local friend is restoring a '59 Edsel. This guy in England sent him an unsolicted email that he had all the chrome and the electrical parts he needed, ready to ship! Even had pictures of the parts! Like he is going to have an Edsel in England that he's parting out! He would not provide a phone number, insisted to communicate only by email, and did damn near everything to try to get my friend to send money via Western Union only! I'd have to bing this scammer, but he uses at least three different addresses in England.

Obvious scammer.

7. Thirsty islander

Thirsty islander Well-Known Member

Patrick80 no it wasn't England the guy pm'ed me from stationwagons forum site, he was a member here but never posted to any threads.

8. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

I remember the guy Patrick is talking about, there has been a lot of threads about him over the years. One of our members, can't remember who (was a few years back) played along with Mr England long enough to get mailing info. With the help of Google street view a picture of a small coffee shop came up as the address:rofl2:....wish I could find that thread.

I also have been PM'd by no-post members in the long past wanting to sell when I asked for parts in our forum, I never replied. and one time a "check out this great link". That's all the PM said....and of course I didn't open it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  9. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:

Please forward me this PM. Thanks.

10. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Guys, please forward any suspicions PMs to me.