1969 oldsmobile wagon

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by TRACY, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TRACY

TRACY New Member

I have a 1969 olds wagon and are looking for some rear quarter panels so far have had no luck . Must find this car hase been in the family all its life . At this time even a doner car will do .i think a 1969 vista aslo will work must be clean.any help will be great . Iam in plattsburgh ny and willing to transport.

2. 65 2dr

65 2dr Fix 'em all -

There's a guy on Classic Olds stripping a Vista - check it out!

3. TRACY

TRACY New Member

Thanks for the input tryed to find that vista but got no luck that site was just cars that were done . Didnt see any one parting one out . If there is a better way to find it let me know some pictures wood be very cool or a persons link

4. 65 2dr

65 2dr Fix 'em all -

It's a 71 - don't know how close the years are - his name is 'deadsleads', out of chicago ridge, il.
    He's looking for you, here, as I PM'd him.

5. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Good luck Tracy with your hunt for panels

6. TRACY

TRACY New Member

1969 olsmobile wagon

I know at this point new metal is not out there but my hope is that there is a good body that can be used for parts. Just need rust free. If so keep eyes and ears open and let me know iam willing to transport and willing to spend some money. The car iam fixing is not just a car its family and hase been so sence 1969 when new thanks

7. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Since it is the bottoms of the fenders that need to be replaced, I am betting that any quarter from that body generation will work. they all had the same inner structure, so the hard points are the same. That would mean that the lower fenders from 68 through 72. Trouble is they are wagon specific, which does not help. The shape, though, is fairly straight forward, so there is a good chance a good body shop could make the patch panel fairly easily. It isn't really a compound curve to it, so it ought to be straight forward.

8. BlueVista

BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

Do you need the full quarters or just the bottoms? I think the 68 and 69 are the only two years that will work for full quarters. The regular wagon and the Vista are the same, the only body panel difference is the longer rear door and the roof.
    I'd register over on Classic Olds and try a parts wanted and/or body wanted post. I know a guy who found his '71 Vista quarters there and I got plenty of parts for my old one there too. You may have to have five posts or something to put a wanted ad on but that's no big deal.
    I know guys who have bought them from that famous boneyard in Arizona and when they got them they were rusted worse than the ones on the car, be careful.
    If the car body is rusted badly and the frame looks flaky I'd find a western or great northleft parts car and use that whole body and frame, they're just a couple of big parts, the family wouldn't know the difference.:)

9. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  10. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage: