60 Impala Nomad wagon on Craigslist in Delaware

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Jim 68cuda, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/1522361027.html

$6295.00

Up for grabs we have a rare 1960 Nomad wagon. This was the top of the line for 1960 and has the Impala like trim and interior. It was last registered and licensed for the road in 2004 in Texas. The engine is the original 283 CID that has been upgraded from 2-bbl to 4-bbl. It still retains the automatic (powerglide) transmission. The car does run and drive but needs a tune up and possibly some suspension parts and brake work before daily use. The dual exhaust exits in front of the rear wheels and has glass pack mufflers. Other options include PS, PB, 2-spd wipers w/washers, Power rear window, Tint windshield, etc. Car has had one repaint many years ago and could stand another. The floors, spare well, inner rockers and floor braces are all RUST FREE and SOLID! This will save you alot of time, aggrevation, and money in the long run. It did/does have some small rust bubbles in the lower doors, quarters and fenders but all are minor. As you can see in the picture link I have just started to repair these on the passenger side. There is also some rust in the rear roof corners but I have the pieces to fix most of this (again see pics). I will be continuing to fix these areas with metal patches and the further along I get the more I will want for the car. All of the glass is good and the rear power window works as it should. The interior is pretty good for a car this age. The door panels are presentable. The front seat has been recovered in the original fabric with reproduction seat covers. The rear seat has a few splits but I also have the fabric (included) to recover it as well. It will need carpet and a headliner. I have some extra parts to replace any that are missing or damaged on the car. The wheels are corvette style 15x7 rally wheels with very good tires. I can swap these out for the original rims with nice tires and full hubcaps if you would rather have them. I can also reduce the price to $5,895. if you simply want "roller rims and tires" enableing you to go what ever direction you want. This car could very quickly be a driver and easily upgraded as you enjoy it. You will not likely see another at your local car show as production numbers were very low for this model. I have too many projects and not enough time or storage so I would like to sell one. If you have any questions or want more pictures please let me know. REASONABLE offers considered! Thanks, Mark. (302)730-3715

Here is the link for 50-60 pictures of the Nomad http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq179/marksdeals/1960ChevyNomad283/

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]