a few words to say Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by baxter, Sep 24, 2010.

  1. baxter

    baxter New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2010
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA
    :character0182:Hi,

    As you can see, I'm new here.

    I found this site by accident, while searching for a part for my new toy.

    My husband and I acquired our 1965 Ford Country Sedan 6 pass. wagon, with only 67,000 miles.

    It is powered by a 352 cu.in., 2 bbl., Cruise-o-matic, PS., PB., AM radio, Remote side mirror.

    It's a wonderful driver, that so far, has provided us with many miles of pleasure.

    It has allowed many people of all ages to find a little happiness in viewing it and, of course, asking the many questions, regarding it.

    I've added a few photos, which I hope you all find pleasure in looking at it.

    R. Baxter
     
  2. wixom61

    wixom61 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2,555
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    111
    Location:
    Dallas
    Howdy Mr. B! :Welcome:to the wagon train!

    When I think of the name Baxter, well, Ford and this show comes to mind!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvP0L6sjwJo&feature=related

    And when I think of a '65 Ford wagon...well, I think of the one from my childhood.

    [​IMG]

    Looking forward to seeing yours...it sounds beautiful! :2_thumbs_up_-_anima

    So glad you are here! :wave:

    David :)
     
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  3. fannie

    fannie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    Messages:
    12,071
    Likes Received:
    1,324
    Trophy Points:
    698
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    :Welcome: to the forum RB. nice to see another woman on board and east of the praries. How long have you had your wagon? I'm fairly new here also...but I wasn't able to see your pictures.:)
     
  4. baxter

    baxter New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2010
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA
    My name is Russell Baxter, and I've posted them in the new postings, I think. They are also in my profile, as well. I'm also new here and had trouble figuring where to post them.
     
  5. Safari57

    Safari57 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,291
    Likes Received:
    312
    Trophy Points:
    202
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Glad you found the forums. Nice wagon.
     
  6. Stormin' Norman

    Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    19,625
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    813
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    London, Ontario! Wow! I was in basic training with the RCR's way back when. Used to go rollerskate there when we had time off. Neat city, great folks. Welcome aboard.:Welcome:
     
  7. baxter

    baxter New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2010
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA
    Thank you to all for the warm welcome. It's nice to find a site with similar likes.

    I've been a wagon lover for years, but never found one I could afford.

    This one came almost by accident, through a friend.:chirp:
     
  8. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    :Welcome:to the wagon train, bax. That's a nice 'ol wagon!(y)
     
  9. Cyber-Wizard

    Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,328
    Likes Received:
    93
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    :Welcome:aboard Mr. B!! You're not too far from my stompin' grounds! I'm fond of a couple of restaurants in the London area and I try my best to frequent them when I can. I'm pretty new here myself and almost every visit reaffirms, in some way, what a fantastic bunch of folks hang out here. Bring the husband along and post some pics I think you'll find this a really great place to waste many, many hours. Looking forward to seeing your wagon!
     
  10. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    :Welcome:, real nice looker.....

    [​IMG]
     
  11. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Yup...for sure, Tedy. If that car is an original, honest car (except for the wheels) it's the best example of a Country Sedan I've seen for years.(y)
     
  12. fannie

    fannie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    Messages:
    12,071
    Likes Received:
    1,324
    Trophy Points:
    698
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Beautiful car Russell welcome to the forum :footinmouth:
    Hope you enjoy the forum:)
     
  13. 90merc

    90merc Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2010
    Messages:
    884
    Likes Received:
    106
    Trophy Points:
    157
    Location:
    New Jersey
    What a great looking Ford wagon - love the chrome body side molding, rocker panel molding, wheel lip molding. Even the after market side markers are tasteful. Congrats! :dancing:
     
  14. the Rev

    the Rev senior junior Charter Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    9,329
    Likes Received:
    54
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    BC,canada
    did i miss something??:D...

    either way...darn nice wagon!!! (y)
    and :Welcome: from the west coast:D
     

Share This Page