Looking for a part..

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by wingnut7785, Feb 8, 2010.

  1. wingnut7785

    wingnut7785 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Lynn Haven Florida
    snow_089.jpg Hello all,,

    I'm looking for a replacement lift glass handle.. I have a 95 Caprice wagon and the handle in the rear glass has rusted and the 2 bolts have stripped out.. Would like some info on where i can find a new one or a used one.. My only other option is to drill out the handle and bolt it on, but i really don't want to do that.. Thanks ..

    William
     
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Roadking41A

    Roadking41A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    53
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome,Why not do a intro in our introduction thread, Good luck finding your part.
     
  3. HandyAndy

    HandyAndy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2007
    Messages:
    3,734
    Likes Received:
    22
    Trophy Points:
    158
    Location:
    Winterpeg
    http://www.car-part.com/

    Maybe you can use this link to find a junkyard in your area where you can scrounge about for what you need.
     
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  4. 200OZ

    200OZ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2009
    Messages:
    264
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    67
    Location:
    Farmington, New York
    Up here in NY those handles/third brake light mounts are hard to find. I ended up buying a whole parts car for those parts, because I could not find one in any junk yards that were not already rotted. I have an extra used handle and gasket if that is all you need. let me know.

    Mike
     
  5. wingnut7785

    wingnut7785 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Lynn Haven Florida
    Yes that is all i need.. I would be very grateful.. My home # is 850-265-0956.. I have searched for a year with no luck.. Thak you and take care...

    William
     
  6. wingnut7785

    wingnut7785 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Lynn Haven Florida
    I did an into. thread about 6 months ago.. I'll do another if you like.. Take care.. William
     
  7. Roadking41A

    Roadking41A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    53
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    Not necessary I have been gone a while and will search for it.
     
  8. snooterbuckets

    snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2009
    Messages:
    3,742
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    106
    Location:
    Cranford, New Jersey
    Wingnut, I'm sure you've thought of this, but why not get a whole new glass? (I assume the handle's in the glass, right?)
     
  9. wingnut7785

    wingnut7785 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Lynn Haven Florida
    I wish it was that easy.. Handle bolts through the glass and the third brake light is kinda all one unit.. I've check a few glass shops and the glass comes with 2 holes where the handle mounts..
     
  10. wingnut7785

    wingnut7785 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Lynn Haven Florida
    Too Late Did another one!!! LOL :slap:
     
  11. Roadking41A

    Roadking41A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    53
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks and sorry about that.
     

Share This Page