You Won't Believe This....

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by silverfox, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

2. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I've driven about everything, Fat...that ain't happened yet. Pic, A1? Hey, I'd hate to make all you guys jealous! :yup: Thanks, saf57...I've learned the lessons you have given me here. Hey...I'm no spring chicken you know.:) I'm a good smiler too! I'm transfering plates, Blackie. That gives me a few breather days. Thanks for all the advice and help guys...much appreciated. Hope everything goes OK! Might not be here much after tomorrow morning. Lots to DO! :banana:
    If the owner didn't have to work till 4:30 I would do the paper work and go to the DMV there and get paper plates. But....no time.

3. bstout

bstout New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey SF,
    When I was looking to buy in Cinci, we were going to the tag place and get a either 10 or 30 day tag for t'port. It would have cost like $25.00, but given you plenty of time to make it home and around. Course, didn't buy the car but got the info...maybe for YOU...Who knows??? I know in Fl. the tag is assigned to a specific vehicle and changing them out with proper paperwork, will cost you a felony. Don't want to go there!!! It would have taken 20 min. tops.
    Call Ohio, not a big deal...
    Be safe !!!
    Bruce

4. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'll try that, bstout. Hey.....anybody....can you take cell phones on the plane in a carry on or on your person if they are turned off??

5. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    They have to be turned off on take off and approach. You can take them with you on your carry on or your pocket, they will have you prove to them that they work. You are not supposed to use them in flight, but can once on the tarmac.

6. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks, Blackie. I used to fly 2 or 3 times a week. Haven't flown now for several years. Appreciate your quick answer.

7. bstout

bstout New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sf,
    For sure!!! Momma calls me when they are about to take flight(to make sure of any delays) and when they hit the tarmac(and I'm waiting in the cel phone lot). That really speeds things up for the airports and holds down on congestion!!! No worries!!!
    Enjoy your flight!!!
    Bruce

8. bstout

bstout New Member

Wagon Garage:
    SF,
    Momma is about to go to NYC on Tue eve. around 6pm.(naked pool party time...whoooo-hooo!!!). Anyway, she is back on Wed. around 8:30pm.
    The point, on the drop off, Momma does this little tuck-an-roll @ about 10mph.
    But the return, is a little more tricky, I slow to about 12mph with the tailgate open and she just dives right in!!! I hope she remembers her bage this time...LOL
    No really...she does...NOT.
    I have to wait in the cel lot until she calls.
    They won't let the cars loiter at the curb(anymore), if your party isn't there, you get to make another lap or 2. It's not bad once you get the signals worked out.
    Don't forget a can or 2 of fix-a-flat (great in a pinch!!!)
    Good Luck!!! And a safe trip !!!
    Bruce

9. Ampypants

Ampypants Beer Drinker

He will have the title with him, and a plate in his name, if he gets pulled over he can explain the situation, never seems to be a problem. I can call the BMV and ask about the transport tags though....

10. Ampypants

Ampypants Beer Drinker

OK well just got off the phone with the BMV, all ya have to do is take the title and your license to the OH BMV and they will issue you a temp tag for 18.50, you will just have to make sure the title is notarized by the seller. That will be the easiest and safest way to get it done, that way you can totally get around the carry on package!

11. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    Thats what I would do Ampy, ofcourse here in NY, we have no choice but to do the temp tag bit on an out of state purchase and it gives me 30 days to come up with the azz raping 8.75% sales tax we have to pay on the purchase price. Thank God every seller I have bought from makes the bill of sale out for a real low price of $200-500 on my $1000+ cars. My $700 93 Roadies bill of sale was for $100, take that Governor Patterson! HAHA

12. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Geez, and here I thought you were maybe mid to late twenties and it turns out you are as old (or even older:evilsmile:) than I. Whew........it is nice to know that one's advanced age does not mean no more wagon acquisitions.:D

Barry

13. Ampypants

Ampypants Beer Drinker

Put it this way, I think we are 2 generations apart lol

14. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Congrats silver, I haven't been around here in awhile so this is first I seen this posting about the new ride!

IT'S ABOUT FRIGGING TIME YOU FOUND ONE!

And it's a nice & rare one too indeed!

Now you can post it here http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=234257 on the Impala SS Wagon forum for the '96's.

Good luck with it and I'm sure the ride back home will be a blast!

Clark

15. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome back, Clark. Missed 'ya.