I don't know which is crazier ...

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jim535, Oct 12, 2021.

1. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
  2. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Those things are *crazy* sought after. Fun cars with a decent engine and drivetrain.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Pretty good deal...... You've got at least another 50,000 miles before you'll have to rebuild the engine.

4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I know the cars in this segment have a loyal following, and I know they have gone up in value recently. But I'll be honest, they just don't appeal to me. So seeing one, regardless of it's great condition, go for $63k is a bit baffling to me.
    I guess if that's what the market will bear, then good for them. I'm sure the seller is pleased.

fannie likes this.
  5. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Full disclosure here: I have an '88 RX-7, non-turbo, that I bought new in '88. The only snow it's ever seen is when I've miscalculated the weather forecast and drove it to work in late November/early December and a few snow flurries fell on it on the way home at night. :eek: Otherwise, stored every winter and brought out in spring. I haven't driven it as much in the last thirteen years, for many reasons, so it only has 38k miles.

I thought I'd keep this car until I died, but it's gotten so insane on the streets/highways where I live that I don't even like to drive anymore. When I say insane, I mean bat-$h|t crazy. I don't know what's happened to people lately, but they drive like absolute idiots. The last states I drove in were California, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan in 2019, and drivers in those states are superb drivers in comparison to the morons here. Apologies for the rant.

So I'm contemplating selling it on BAT. I never thought it would come to this.

fannie likes this.
  6. OrthmannJ

Well, as crummy as it would be to sell it, now may be the perfect time to do so. Obviously there are no guarantees that the market will go down, but if the economy levels off so will collector car prices.
    I'm a sentimental sort, so I wouldn't sell it. But that's just me.

7. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  8. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Turbo RX-7s seem to draw the most interest. Naturally aspirated 2nd gen RX-7s don't seem to get as much love. 3rd gen RX-7 prices have gone crazy lately.

I took my '88 RX-7 out of storage and drove it home to do some pre-winter storage maintenance and thought to myself while driving "why would I ever sell this car?" If you love rotaries, you will remain in love with rotaries.

So I might just have to keep it and move somewhere sane. I'm thinking Vermont. We have family there. Ontario is too crazy for me.

9. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Vermont is beautiful and having family there would make the transition easier. If that doesn't work out you are always welcome in NS. Although we have had an amazing inflex of folks from Ontario so perhaps our roads are about to get crazy.

10. Leadslead

Leadslead Well-Known Member

bob-and-doug.jpg
    Just remember everything above North America is the great white north... Now take off ya hoser! :D

fannie likes this.
  11. OrthmannJ

12. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Don’t come to New Mexico. They’re crazy and uninsured. I had Thelma Lou out the other day (‘64 Galaxie) and driving at 60 I felt like I was parked on the expressway. I think we’re starting to get a California influx here.

13. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Some may recognize from my posts that the '64 Galaxie (wagon, coupe, sedan or convertible) is my favourite Ford of all time. I'd be nervous driving one in Ontario, where idiots tailgate the crap out of you just because they're idiots.

Let me apologize in advance for the Ontarians coming to Nova Scotia, Fannie. I hope they behave themselves. But, I'm afraid they won't. :(

fannie likes this.
  14. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Mine is a guardsmen blue 500 post sedan with a 3 on the tree 289 w/overdrive. I love it.

15. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

You definitely don't want to come to S Fl in the winter. Uninsured meth head locals in oversized diesel pickups rolling coal everywhere, blind. overmedicated, senile seniors, and arrogant incompetent New Yorkers make the drivers in the D.C. area I came from seem competent. We stay home alot until hurricane season thins out the herd a bit.