Where's Model T ?

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by ModelT1, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks again for reading my non-wagon comments and mostly for understanding why some of us do strange things. Nothing takes my mind off my broken heart but it sure helps.

I just realized that Silvertwinkiehobo's mother owned a 1931 Victoria Model A. At least that's what the front appears to show, considering there is no windshield visor.
    Henry's Model A seems to be the car everyone loves, no matter what age they are and even when they don't care for older cars.
    My new metal carport is mostly finished, the end against the garage, the east side, and part of the west side are closed in. The Model A looks happy all covered in a brown tarp and will soon be up on jacks with Mothballs under and in it to hopefully keep a yard full of fuzzy tailed nut lovers away. I've only recently discovered that they love chewing on soybean wiring insulation and other car parts.

Just getting back after Firefox decided to start over! top-worst-passwords.jpg
    I tried to make PASSWORD my new password. But someone else already has that password!:rofl2:
    I still need to find my lost BOOKMARKS. :yup: Life was so easy before computers.:bsod:

2. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    :christmas::bouncy::yup: For many of you, this will be a much different Christmas.
    I sure don't get on this wagon site much anymore. My wagon sits worn out, not able to move, sad, and lonely ........... wait, that's me!:hmmm:
    Called all four kids and re'splained why I don't send gifts anymore. Didn't want any of them to feel left out.
    Except for the two youngest grandkids, who get whatever mom and dad buy with the cash I give them, Dollie and I stopped buying Christmas gifts a few years after retiring to Florida. Back then, it cost more to ship things than what the gifts cost!
    It's been way over 15 years since we got each other a Christmas gift. We'd just get the things we needed when we needed them. Mostly, we had each other. This year I'm all alone..............:cry:

I've never been real religious. In fact, I may have sinned once or twice! :evilsmile: But seeing and watching Dollie talk to an Angel (?) in that nursing home, hearing her tell us the Angel is taking her home, and the way she went piecefully in her sleep, keeps me in a good mood and happy.
    I stumbled across an old Dolly, Tammy, and Loretta song, "Let Her Fly". For nearly two months I played that song many times each day, praying for that Angel to take Dollie home. We had an ambulance, a hospital bed, an oxygen machine, Hospice, and more ready to bring Dollie home Sept 9th. She begged me to kiss her good bye, saying "I'll always love you," as I left at 5PM Sept 8th. Apparently Dollie followed that little girl (Angel) home at 11:10 PM Sept 8th. I felt like I should go back to see her once more at about 11PM. I didn't go. Nurses said Dollie went piecefully with a smile.
    Some wonder why I played that song and wished my wife would die. I know why! And this is why I am smiling yet alone, my first Christmas without her in 64 years.

Early this morning, I called each kid and grand kid, even called my brother's kid.
    Son #2 and wife have a cold so canceled dinner. Son #3 in Florida will spend Christmas with his future wife's family. He hasn't ever met them yet!
    Son #1 decided to pick me up to go to daughter #1's house for the briscut Christmas dinner. Daughter #1 is my only daughter, except for some of her best friends who seem like my daughters.
    Back when the kids would camp with us, we often had extra sons or extra daughters with us. Dollie loved all of the extra kids.
    No! I'm not sad, or alone! I'm sitting here staring out the window, down Memory Lane, filled with happy memories.
    Home.jpg
    You may be spending Christmas in a different way this year. But as an old friend says "Keep yer stick on the ice. We're all in this together."

She's an Angel, let her fly, let her fly.

kevdupuis, 60Mercman and wagoninsane like this.
  3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I bet a few of those kids, and some of the extras may have shared a memory or two around their Christmas table of the camp outs and the get togethers and how special those times were at your house. You see Denny. Dollie is still bringing heart warming joy! Never met the lady, but I can tell by your stories she was some kinda special. I hope heaven is a big picnic when we get there. I’m gonna have a beer or two with her. Happy Holidays Denny!

fannie and ModelT1 like this.
  4. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Sounds good. But let's wait. I'd told my kids I was ready to go. But there's a lot I haven't seen or done yet. Besides, I have to stick around for Taco Tuesdays and Pizza Fridays!
    By the way, Dollie is limited to two drinks. She gets like Rodney Carrington's mom after that!:beerchug:
    Here are a couple of those little girls playing in the mountains this fall. They still dress alike.
    IMG_2821(1).JPG

fannie likes this.
  5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

*wiggles eyebrows* Any of those lovely ladies single?:love:

fannie likes this.
  6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I'm glad you were able to spend Christmas on memory lane Denny.