1988 Ford LTD Country Squire

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Sep 25, 2020.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. Twohundred

Twohundred Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    hmm, "Priced to sell". Well that's true. However it's not "Priced to buy".

But I would be very happy to take it off his hands, depending on how its looking below.

I could give 10K for it, but nothing more.

3. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It is a sharp car in great shape for sure. I had Cooper Cobra Radial GT's on my T-Bird when I bought it. Any hint of humidity in the air and the tires had absolutely no traction. I think he's got it priced juuuust a bit high, but good luck to him. I think Twohundred is in the right ballpark.

4. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

5. Twohundred

Twohundred Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well, he lowered 3K on the price. My guess is 10K with cash in hand when inspecting the car. The pictures are showing a really excellent car. Nothing from the underside. It has lived its life in Illinois, Minnesota and New York. Not the best ares for rust, well the rust would like it but not the cars.

The car is presented well. It shows a carfax. With some engine and underside pictures and it should be okay to buy without inspecting. The sellers profile also gives an idea if a scam or not. I think I would buy it if I had more garage space.

6. greyfellas

greyfellas New Member

Anyone know where to find weather stripping for 1988 LTD Country Squire?

7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the head's up on the Coopers, Kevin. My Dakota has Cooper Discoverer HTP's on it, with still quite a bit of tread. When I picked it up in Tacoma, Washington I had to drive it home in the rain, and I now remember that I didn't get a good feeling for rain traction from the truck. Then again, it was just my first hour or two driving it. In the dry, I'm getting a vibration that comes through the floorboard at around 64 mph that I still have to get diagnosed.

8. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know about the Discoverers specifically, but I couldn't wait to get the Cobras off my car. Somehow I managed to make it through a Michigan winter with those without dying. They had maybe 15k miles when I pulled them off and they were getting pretty close to the wear bars and I don't drive particularly aggressively. Overall, wet traction - thumbs down; tread life - thumbs down.