1986 Caprice Estate $2600 Greensboro

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by ken1939, Oct 8, 2020.

1. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

2. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

I am surprised the head liner is in as good of shape as it is, looks presentable.

3. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    1986 Caprice Estate. Brown Exterior, Tan (?) Interior. Faded Woodgrain. Little if any paint on the hood, and maybe there's not much on the roof, either. Overdrive Transmission, 305 Engine. Almost 129k miles (which is far from bad for a 305, if it was maintained.) Options: Tilt Steering Wheel, Power Doors, Manual Windows, Passenger Mirror, Luggage Rack. No Rear Window Defogger. I can't tell if it has A/C or not, and I can't tell what radio it has. It does have a radio antenna, though, which my 84 Sedan seemed to have in the windshield. And are those Wire Hubcaps an Option? I have a set in my garage, but I'm not sure if they were standard or an option for Wagons. As previously noted, the Headliner's in good shape. Maybe it was replaced around 2010; it's a lot easier to do in a Wagon than a Sedan.

If the Engine and Trans are good and there's not much rust (aside from the surface rust,) I could see this car being OK for $1,000 or maybe $1,100. For reason of the paint issues and cracked dash and missing bumper fillers, I'm not seeing it at $2,600. Not that I'm buying.

Also, minor detail, but why is the rear view mirror at the same height of a Citroen DS? I know I knocked the mirror off my 84 Sedan at least twice, but this Citroen DS placement's a little bit odd.

[​IMG]

4. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Probably because it was knocked off or fell down and he was too lazy to go to the store and pay $7 for the kit to fix it. It looks like it's just sitting on the dash.

5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Tells me my pricing is in the right ball park........