1970 Chevelle Station Wagon - $25,500

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Jsafe, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Jsafe

Jsafe Well-Known Member

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I like this one. very cool looking.

3. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Price seemed crazy to me until I remembered what 454 Chevelle 2dr htps were commanding. My personal opinion, those tailgate speakers look awfully tacky on this car. You can get great sound now without looking like you are stuck in the 80s.

4. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm confused its a estate wagon right? So what's up with the SS badges and hood? In my humble opinion not a great combo. I concur with annap01gt about the speakers! How do you get any thing in or out of the way back area?.....Longroofs Rule!

5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    'SS' badges and a cowl induction are parts that are widely available out there in Chevelle Partsland........ Just do a Google image search for 'Chevelle wagon' and you'll see a lot of them with 'SS' badging, and at least a few with the cowl hood. The ONLY factory-available Chevelle Malibu SS wagon was the 1973.
    ............................................................................................................
    If anyone is seriously interested in this, it's about a 3-hour drive for me, so I CAN go look at it for you. I'll need some gas money, though.

6. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

I don't like that whoever installed the 454 left it backed with a T350, it may be rebuilt but a T400 should be in there.

7. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

If properly rebuilt a T350 is a good option today. They can now be built to take more HP and torque than the HD T400's of the muscle car age. As a bonus they are more than 25 lbs lighter, and take about 15% less HP to turn than a T400.

I really do not car for the SS stripes with the woodgain sides. Plus the speakers look cheap. But it is a nice car.

8. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I agree. Too much going on with the woodgrain and the hood strips. It would look much cleaner with just one of them.

9. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Also agree. One or the other. For some reason the esthetics of a wood grain station wagon just don't seem in sync with 'hot rod' attributes and styling such as rally stripes or a big hood scoop. (Some scoops you might be able to get away with....) I even have a hard time with white-letter tires on a wood grain wagon, although I understand it's getting impossible to find whitewalls on wider tires these days.