1973 Chrysler Town and Country appraisal? Oregon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by asclarke4, Aug 8, 2020.

1. asclarke4

asclarke4 Member

61483126559__668B3D2D-E4EE-46E4-ADC2-7C973C9C1609.JPG 61483175127__176EAC30-3C5D-4675-83E9-76AB44422203.JPG 61483126559__668B3D2D-E4EE-46E4-ADC2-7C973C9C1609.JPG My father has decided to sell his 1973 Town and Country Wagon. It has 58,000 miles and has always been stored inside. The car is in great shape. I have not idea how much a car like this should sell for. I was hoping to join the forum to find some guidance. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stephanie Clarke

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    fannie likes this.
  2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey Stephanie. Welcome. Your dads wagon really looks lovely, and it looks like it’s in great shape. I think to get the best assessment it would help to also list any options the car may have. Is it a 6 vs 9 passenger? What’s the engine size. Many of these options can add to the overall value of the car. Look forward to seeing some additional information on the car, as well as other members input. Welcome

3. pyasher

pyasher Well-Known Member

Beautiful Wagon - I checked Hagerty Valuation and it does not have a listing for your wagon which meant they have no data on it. Good luck with your sale - bring a trailer is a great place to sell it...

markfnc likes this.
  4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome Stephanie. That does indeed look like a beautiful wagon. As Mercman said, the more information you can provide the more help someone can being in evaluating it.

5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That wagon looks BEAUTUFUL! That cargo area looks clean enough to eat off of.....

Stephanie - what area of Oregon is your father in? I'm in Springfield, OR, and if he's not too far away, I might be able to assist him in selling it. Unfortunately, I can't buy it myself, for two reasons - 1. MONEY, and 2. It quite literally won't fit in my garage! One of the few drawbacks to these big Chryslers are their size......

As a note to value, we have seen really nice examples of these Chryslers selling in the $15,000 - $20,000 range, or more....... The last one we had in our forum section where members list vehicles they FIND 'for sale' in internet and other ads, and post a link to it, went for just under $20,000.

By the way, I just noticed one of our members is looking for wagon like your father's. (Known as 'azblackhemi' on here.) I will send him a message.

Marshall

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    fannie likes this.
  6. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome asclarke4!

7. asclarke4

asclarke4 Member

I have no idea how to add this information to my original post?? 6 passenger and 440 Engine with tow package and limited slip? I'm in the Portland area. Thanks for the warm welcoming.

Thanks,
    Stephanie Clarke

8. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Editing option on posts goes away after a while. Just make another post, like you just did.......

9. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    If the rest of the wagon is as good as the pics you posted indicate, the wagon should be placed on a selling website that attracts more high-dollar buyers. In this case, I would suggest 'Bring-A-Trailer'.

https://bringatrailer.com/

This ad will cost you some $$, but the return will be worth it. You / your father will have to decide whether just to put a price on it, or allow an on-line auction. Read the procedures on the website thoroughly.

You also need to take A LOT of digital images of the wagon, covering every area. A few of the underside would be good, as well. Potential buyers want to make sure their purchase is SOLID - no rust.
    ...................................................................................
    EDIT:
    Apparently B-A-T has changed some. They are now ALL auction listings. Previously, they would post up some links to nice vehicles that were for sale at other venues......... Go to the site and check it out. Lots of detail there on how it's done, etc..... Basic cost is $99.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    60Mercman likes this.
  10. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Also, a note about timing.....
    Yes, there is a 'season' to selling wagons. That season is the spring and very early summer. More wagons are out there for sale in the spring, but the time of the year attracts a lot more buyers as well, who are anticipating some nostalgic summer trip in their vintage station wagon.

So...... if you DON'T sell it immediately, there will be a whole new crop of buyers next March or so.....

fannie and 60Mercman like this.
  11. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nice Krash, you summed it up quite well! That should get her on the right track, good luck Stephanie with the sale of your fathers beautiful wagon.....Longroofs Rule!

OrthmannJ likes this.
  12. azblackhemi

azblackhemi Well-Known Member

Just West of Phoenix Arizona. In the Desert.
  13. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I bet she gets close to that. ‘70-‘71 no doubt but there is really a split decision on that ‘73 front end.