Hello from MN

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 79marquis, Jul 28, 2020.

1. 79marquis

79marquis New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Suppose I should have posted here before the other places, but at least I’ve found my way here.
    like so many, I grew up riding around in a woody wagon, and at the time didn’t think much of them. As time went on, I grew a passion for all things vintage. I’ve always admired the classic cars particularly the muscle cars.
    Over the last month or so I kept mentioning to my wife that I wanted a project car. Something to mess with in the garage when things aren’t going on. I Had came to terms with my project car being a mid 90’s import. The parts are available, and generally cheap.
    Then my wife found this 79 Marquis for me. We went and drove it together with our daughter, and decided to pull the trigger despite me just having been laid off. All 4 of our kids have ridden in it, however I refuse to stick a car seat in it for my 5 year old in fear of ruining the interior. So he’ll have to wait until he is booster ready.

60Mercman likes this.
  2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard 79marquis. Glad you found us. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this car and hearing about the adventures it takes you and your family on.