1981 Toyota Corolla

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Jul 22, 2020.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sure seems like $3,100 would be a good buy on this one. You’re right jwdtenn this looks practically new, and there certainly can’t be a lot of these floating around, especially in Minnesota. I would think these were initially bought by a younger family, crowd. Those wouldn’t historically been pampered from new.

3. Mopar wagon Luvr

Mopar wagon Luvr Well-Known Member

A little old lady. And a 5 speed...???? Just sayin' Great car. The seller just seems kind of Snarky !!

60Mercman likes this.
  4. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Yes. If you don’t know your classic cars of this era do your research before you bother him with your stupid questions. I don’t mind questions. The only exception was I once owned a ‘58 Edsel Citation. I did have a person tell/ask me he thought those were Chevrolet’s.

5. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Yea, he does. But he did put 5 new Michelins on it and seems to be upfront about its faults. I get a selling for a deceased or too old to drive family member vibe. That can be hard to do for a lot of reasons. I would love to have this car.

6. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Me too. I have always been drawn to little wagons with 5 speeds. I really wanted a Tracer when they came out. Would love to have a loaded up Turquoise one with a 5 speed.

7. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    At $3,100, I'd buy this in a minute. And notice it still has its original steel wheels. It's not been glammed-up by someone. :thumbs2:

60Mercman likes this.
  8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Seems like a stand-up guy to me. He gives the impression that maybe this was unexpected having to deal with this, but he's going about it the correct way. Also notes that the car is 60 miles away from him, so view arrangements must be made a few days in advance.

I don't think he's going to have any trouble getting $3,000 for it (he most likely added $100 to sacrifice for negotiation....)

9. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    I agree with the car being 60 miles from him I think he priced it to sell. I get at that price point for what it is he’s not up for a bunch of tire kickers and looky Lou’s that are gonna hit him with $1,500 offers. I’d make the appointments when I was at the cabin. Wouldn’t take too many round trips unless I see cash. I also agree list what it is, what you’ve done, and what it hasn’t got. That way you field the dum dums out up front.

Doghead likes this.