Does it suck?

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by moparandfomoco, Feb 3, 2020.

1. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry, Bill!
    We now return you to the originally posted topic.

2. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

Thank you Joe! A breath of fresh air...so Joe, do you now have two 30s era Pontiacs? I thought you told me you had a sedan a while back? Or am I just confused?

fannie likes this.
  3. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    You are not confused.
    Shortly after I bought the sedan, I was telling one of my Pontiac buddies about my plans to build it into a traditional looking hot rod. He told me that the coupes are better hot rod choices and that he knew he would never get to build the car that he had purchased more than 15 years earlier. Knowing what I planned to do, he offered to sell me his project...so now, I've got both a sedan and a 3 window sport coupe.

4. moparandfomoco

Oooh - whatcha gonna do with the sedan?

5. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I plan to keep the sedan basically stock, but I couldn't get the original engine running. I've picked up a later straight 8 and will work on that car after the hot rod is well under way.

6. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    You’re not gonna trailer the Pontiac hot rod to the track behind the ‘58 Buick are you? Lol. That would really be the look. Good luck with the Pontiac, and if it’s half as nice as the Buick that’ll be one hot buggy! Good luck with it Joe, and keep us posted.

7. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

Grizz has the last production year straight 8 series engine in his '54 whose frame is already set up for the V-8 engine which was cancelled at the last minute before production from higher ups at GM. That was the best made, because it has all the technical updates. The starter is telling him that it isn't worth bothering with, as long as there are V-8s available which would simply bolt in and not make the car totally unoriginal. in other words, he could have the best of both worlds, because the car wouldn't lose its charachter and at the same time become loads of fun to drive. His son would also be proud of him, telling all the kids at school that he's got the best dad in the world. All it would take is a spark from your behalf. In other words, maybe you could offer him some sort of swap like the parts needed for fully assembling the 400 Pontiac block which he already has, including the THD-400 and you get the eight with the Hydramatic still attached to it. Good luck. I hope you make it happen. It would also make his life easier

8. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

One could always opt for cremation, "burial" at sea, tree top "burial" or getting fed to Tibetan buzzards. Oops! Hijacked once again? :nailbiting:
    A new avatar would be proper, in that case

[​IMG]

9. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah. With super huge pictures that take up way too much space on the screen and serve no useful purpose but to archive every single image on the internet right here on SW Forums. Do you really need a couple of pictures of an Opel in a Fairmont V10 swap thread? Probably not.

Probably so.

moparandfomoco likes this.
  10. moparandfomoco

Well that's it boys and girls. I'm signing off for good it seems. It kinda sucks around here anymore and I have found other forums where I don't have to look at vintage doorknobs, dildoes (sp?) pencil-neek geeks, rattan furniture and other non-car stuff. Same pics I've seen on other sites...

Sorry guys, but this site's been victimized, and it's not civilized, right before our eyes. Used to be cool - a place where guys would talk shop and values and projects. Now if you do a search for SWF on google - you'll get images of Captain Morgan or said vintage doorknobs, dildoes, pencil-neck geeks or rattan furniture. That's whats happening.

Hey, at least I'm honest. Only guilty man in Shawshank....

Thanks guys, for all of your camaraderie and friendship over the years.

Bill K.

Doghead and KevinVarnes like this.