Does it suck?

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by moparandfomoco, Feb 3, 2020.

1. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Me too.

2. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

Yeah I've been spending more time on Mercedes forums because of the thread jackings, besides the TD is wrapped up and awaiting spring while the 81 is snow & salt encrusted.

[​IMG]

He he he

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    60Mercman likes this.
  3. ALFATAR

ALFATAR Active Member

I joined this group a few years ago because I was looking for a sw. Thanks to a member I found the sw here. Some one else chimed in about seeing the car and the condition it was in. I went on a 1600 mile safari to get it. Any way I usually don't post much unless I have something constructive to say. I think also facebook groups hurt as the subgroup {ford, chev etc} probably are stealing members also. I am not sure someone who has a ford wants to see someone who has a Pontiac is doing, I also check in every day to see if something that interest me is going on

Mike

4. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It has gotten kind of stale of late, yes the classified section has become almost a non existent, but in reality when you surf craigslist, eBay and other for wagons there not a lot out there, awhile ago I post "wagons are getting scarce" and now there are even fewer. Yes some of us that used to post more often have trailed off, I for 1 sold my wagon, another has park his wagon to work on other projects, and the list goes on and while still have a passion and affinity to them I'm not looking to rush back in until I find the right 1 at the right price, and not sure I want to spend my money on another old car, sold my 85 Colony Park for basically the repair/restore cost. And yes I'm disappointed but have faith that a whole new list of folks will find us and refresh the passion.

fannie likes this.
  5. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

I don't understand how anyone can stand those social media outlets. They're not like forums where you could have dialog or even look things up. All you have there are people stacking posts over previous ones. To look anything up which you've read the day before, it takes scrolling down through hundreds of posts, until you find it

6. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

I must ask....what's the difference in here?

Hanswurst - put yer glasses on!!!

7. Doghead

Even with glasses on, traditional internet forum structures enable much more navigational options than just scrolling down through posts like social media sets theirs up to be. Besides that, search engines enable finding information on certain topics, much like a vintage file cabinet in a public library

BadEyeBill likes this.
  8. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I was on here almost daily when I was playing with my Bonneville, Caprice and Electra wagons. Then, the Caballero project amounted to almost 5 years of frequent updates.
    Lately, I have found that the nature of posts are not as interesting to me. I enjoyed reading about projects and helping others with technical challenges.
    Many threads now seem to be regurgitation of old threads and vintage whatever. Not as engaging, in my mind.

Now that my Caballero is "done", I'll be moving on to building a 1933 Pontiac hot rod.
    I'll probably post that project here after I get rolling. Hopefully, some folks will find that interesting.

60Mercman and fannie like this.
  9. Doghead

It's unfortunate that the buying public is replacing wagons with S.U.V.s. I would hate to see this forum morph into some S.U.V. and crossover place. To keep up forum traffic, some sort of evolution doesen't seem to be avoidable. Some diversification possibilities might be to go somewhat international, since wagons are still popular on other continents. Maybe, even setting up multi-lingual sections. Since on-line translation has become common, this shouldn't be much of an issue.
    Another idea would be to try to reach veteran members. Getting locked out is evidently possible, depending on which browser one's using. When I attempt logging in from Google Chrome, using the correct handle and password, no way will it work. From here at Brave, it's no problem. These pioneer members likely have updated their operating systems and/or have changed over to other browsers, causing them to not be able to re-enter. It seems, at one certain point in time, most of them disappeared all at once like a flock of birds falling from the sky :scratchchin::huh:

10. moparandfomoco

Joe - I agree with you 100% - peeps don't seem to get it. Man it's like gettin' waterboarded by posts!

What are you using for the Pontiac hotrod? An LS engine? Whatcha gonna do with the ol' straight 8?

11. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The car is a 3-window Sport Coupe. When I bought it, it was already stripped of its original drivetrain and someone had started to built it into a hot rod.
    They intended to build a hi boy, but I think that 33 and 34 Pontiac fenders are SO cool, I will build a full-fendered car.
    The body and frame came with a rolling 1957 Pontiac chassis. The previous owner had intended to build the car with the 347CI 1957 Pontiac engine, 4 speed Hydramatic and the big Pontiac rear end.
    I'm going in a different direction.
    31 Pontiac hi boy OHC.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Grizz likes this.
  12. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    ^ ^ ^ Whoa...…….

13. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Agreed. Very cool.

14. moparandfomoco

Thrice!

Nice that Joe's keepin' the full-fendered look. Some of those 30's coupes are just bee-u-dee-full.

15. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Is that your engine/car? Or is it an example of what you plan to do?