1978 XC Falcon Wagon Acton Park Australia $6500

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by ken1939, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Very similar to what would have been our '72 - '77 Torino / LTD II......

3. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

except they are about 7/8 scale. there is a 2 door coupe near me that I see a few time a summer, looks like a 68-70 Torino but smaller. I think I took a picture with it parked next to a 70 Cobra, If I can find it I will post it. (Not Shelby Cobra but Torino Cobra)

4. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

When Ford Introduced the Falcon in Australia it kind of bombed. It was the US version, not made for Australian conditions. They redesigned for 64, looked similar to a 63 Falcon here, and it started to sell. The late 60s brought out the XW and XY Falcons which cemented a history of racing victories with the GT 351s. When they went to redesign for the 70s the Australian Design team came to the US. They saw some of the mock ups for the Torino. I think the coupes had the rear quarter glass treatment. Ford AU used letters to designate the version, when changed mechanically or physically. Example the XY and XW. The 72 was XA for eXperimental Australian. The XB followed, Mad Max if you remember. The Falcon Cobra was the culmination of left over coupe bodies that they had and did not know what to do with. Henry Ford 2 suggested years before they should do a Cobra. Not the performance of earlier GTs, but it looked pretty! Only 400 made, half with 302C and automatic, other half 351C with Toploader. A few were full race versions
    .[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Doghead likes this.