69 Chevelle 4-door for $2,000 new Boise, ID on Craigs

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by mwrich, Dec 28, 2019.

1. mwrich

mwrich Member

2. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

It'll never make it into a museum. But, if there's no dramatic rot underneath and everything's there like he says, I'd go for it. Just because he can't get that otherwise indestructable six-banger to run right, doesen't necessarilly mean that it needs a total rebuild. It doesen't look like it'll take that much to get it at least roadworthy

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    And failing that I have a 400 small block that would drop right in. Too bad it's on the way left side of me.

4. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

I think I'd keep with it with the 6cyl/3spd. It sounds crazy, but it would be a way to show other how it was. I had cousin who had a 68 Chevelle 2 dr sedan with the 6/3 special back when I was a kid, that I remember riding in.

5. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

What's sort of odd about this wagon is the power steering option with the absolute standard drivetrain. My dad ordered his F-85 with only the optional Jetaway and AM radio. The front end was light enough to where power steering wasn't even necessary. Well, maybe he bought it off the lot that way. The Chevy he had before that had the three on the tree