8 Cylinder
Vehicle:
OLDSMOBILE|CUSTOM CRUISER
  1. oldsmike

oldsmike Active Member

Wagon Garage:
  2. oldsbattlecruiser

oldsbattlecruiser Member

Very nice wagon and in a great color. These are the best cruising cars on the interstates. I drove my '92 from California to the Oldsmobile Homecoming Show in Lansing and back on Route 66 in June 2019. Even took the Long Distance Award for the Show. Other than losing my alternator, the Olds ran flawless the whole trip. Wagon owners really need to make effort to get their wagons out and enjoy them on longer family trips!

oldsmike and 60Mercman like this.
  3. cutlassmike

cutlassmike nothing is easy, everything is hard.

Love the user name... The wagon is pretty sweet too. Up here in Canada we were never offered the Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser in the bubble wagon body style. We had either the Buick Roadmaster or Caprice.

oldsmike likes this.
  4. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I just had to chime in on this thread seeing though all the responses are Oldsmobile owners!(or so I assume) I agree that is a nice example of Oldsmobile quality! Love the color, my wife had a 92 Bravada platinum edition in that color, just beautiful! Hope you enjoy your new addition to your stable!....Longroofs Rule!

oldsmike likes this.
  5. wagoninsane

Wagon Garage:
    Oh by the way I'm a Olds owner also.....Longroofs Rule!

6. wagoninsane

Wagon Garage:
    Hey Oldsbattlecruiser! Is your avatar picture your ride? Looks to be a 65 also. Got more pictures, back ground on it?....Longroofs Rule!

7. oldsbattlecruiser

oldsbattlecruiser Member

Wagoninsane,

Been a while since I last checked in here. Just noticed your post. My '65 been off the road for many years, but will be back someday when I'm ready to part with my Custom Cruiser. Ordered new by my Father on 11/28/64, so the history of my car is fully known to me. The search for parts for my car became the basis for founding the GM Skywagon Club, which was the first forum on the web dedicated to the Vista Cruisers and Sport Wagons. The forum has morphed over to FB, so you can find me there.

My car is a 330c.i./320hp car with beige interior. I have faint recollections of the night it was brought home new. My first seat was in the middle front between my parents and I graduated to the "way back seat" shortly after. It is quite amazing the car stayed around because the list of problems with the car was 100 items long when it went to the dealer for its 3000 mile servicing. It eventually became the car I drove during college. It was even on the road long enough for me to drive my daughter around in it.

Beautiful '65 you have there. My late Uncle owned a 3-seat Custom Vista Cruiser in the same color. Went many places in that car, including overheated on the side of the road. I also remember several "dueling Vista Cruisers" trips.

"Keep the Glass to the Sky"! Enjoy!

OldsBattleCruiser

wagoninsane likes this.
  8. wagoninsane

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the reply OldsBattleCruiser! Great back story to your longroof, interesting read. I'll have to check out the GM Skywagon Club site thanks for the info. Would LOVE to see some pictures if possible?....Longroofs Rule!

9. oldsbattlecruiser

oldsbattlecruiser Member

Unfortunately, I have no recent photos of my car. But I do have one of my car with a near twin from years ago.

Attached Files:

wagoninsane likes this.
  10. oldsbattlecruiser

oldsbattlecruiser Member

And aside from the OCC that I currently own along with my Vista, I used to have Roadmaster Wagons and a '68 Sport Wagon 400.

Attached Files:

wagoninsane likes this.