1984 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jaunty75, Oct 9, 2019.

1. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Did Olds offer those Rims? Looks like the Buick rims with the olds emblem. Don't remember those, but looks great.

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Those 98’s and Electra’s, along with the Grand Marquis were really what I like to call high ‘80’s style. I think that was one of the greatest- post ‘70’s poor US quality eras of cars. They were right sized, they were comfortable, quality, fit and finish was there, for the most part. GM had some early ‘80’s paint issues, but for the most part the cars seemed really nice. I’m generally speaking of the full sized lines. There were some ‘80’s cars that were not so charming too. But that 98 reminds me of what I liked in that era of car.

4. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

They sure do look like Buick Rims to my eyes, Also if I remember my Chicago area Neighborhoods correctly Tinley Park was not to great, but its been 30 years so my memory could be AFU.

5. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Handsome. Cannot say that I paid that much attention to these cars in their time but those wheels do not look right to me either. Maybe Buick, maybe even Pontiac. Reasonble asking price makes me think this could be an estate sale and the executor just wants to cash it out.

6. mrvans

mrvans Well-Known Member

Those are Buick Road Wheels. Olds only offered disc or wire style hubcaps. The 5x5 wheel bolt pattern is unique to GM full size cars and the wheels are interchangeable. Easy to swap out Olds center caps. I’ve seen it done several times. Really improves the look IMHO.

annap01gt likes this.
  7. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Drove up to Carlisle flea market from MD sometime in the early 2000s to find some trim pieces for our 87. A vendor had a table full of nothing but GM centercaps. Fortunately I took one of our remaining originals as the caps were not all the same diameter. He had the caps we needed thoough. Someone else even had the door pull anchor inserts. Good memory - this was the first step we took to bring back the Safari.