1972 Buick Estate Wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Oct 6, 2019.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I give him an A- for photos and an F- for description. And it's an F- only because there are no grades lower than that. The photos he has are good, but there are none of the engine.

We can see from the photos that it is low-option. All I can see are A/C, power tailgate, remote driver's mirror, luggage rack, and AM radio. No power windows, seat, or locks, no cruise or tilt wheel, no third seat, no rear window defogger.

And, there are dents all along the driver's side.

Overall, the interior looks very good.

The paint scheme looks like it was originally two-tone, with a lighter beige roof. In the photo below, though, it looks like the roof paint has sun damaged areas.

s-l1600.jpg

3. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

He'd better go back and do his homework. If he can't make a sale because of lack of description and photography, the wagon could likely fall into derby ownership.
    I particularly find the second-toned roof appealing, not having gotten vinyl-wrapped.

4. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

This depends on what he's willing to take for the car, not the quality of his description. He could have the worst ad in the world in terms of photos and description, but if his reserve is $10,000, no derbyist is going to buy it.

5. Doghead

Maybe. But who's going to bid that high on a surprise package?

6. Jsafe

Jsafe Well-Known Member

It's already in derby ownership... look in the background...you'll see a car with a demolition derby halo bar...it's the last chance for this one

7. Doghead

It's bad enough that he was able to get his hands on this one, in the first place. Shame on the previous seller. No wonder, he couldn't even set up a simple ad. That's how dumb you have to be, to be a derby member.

8. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

Wow. 95% of the cleanest Clamshells are owned and maintained by derby drivers.

9. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    He added more to the description:

"This is a one owner car since 1972. Car has 54,000 original miles on it. Runs and drives like new. Car was always kept inside and never driven in bad weather. Bottom side of car is a 10. Inside of car is a 10. The exterior of the car is a 9 in my eyes and the only reason its not a 10 is because of some bumps and bruises. It is 99% rust free. Everything works as it should. I bought this car for my collection but have since ran out of room so i need the storage space. That is the only reason i am selling. Its a super nice survivor. Car is sold as is not warranty. Feel free to message me with any specific questions. "

10. Bigboats34

Bigboats34 Well-Known Member

Jaunty, that’s not sun damage. He hosed off the car and snapped the pictured before it was dry. There are spots on the glass in that same pic and visible water in other pics. This does show that the car does not have one ounce of wax on it....if it was “a 10 in his collection” you’d think there’d be some pride of ownership and a coat of wax.

Looks like water leaks in rear, the floor covering is curling up.

I like the color combo. But lack of options and the dents will hinder top dollar.

11. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe this is bid nearly as high as the (IMHO) far more appealing 1976 Pontiac Grand Safari also currently now on eBay Motors.

12. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Agreed. I guess the Buick carries more weight cause it’s higher up the food chain, but that Pontiac is far more optioned, and I think a better value condition wise than its elder statesmen brother.