1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Aug 27, 2019.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Certainly looks to be in nice overall shape, but definitely low-end in terms of how well equipped. The only significant option I can see is air-conditioning (along with the swivel seat, of course). Not even a remote driver's mirror, and it's missing the driver's door pull strap. It has power brakes and, I presume, power steering. The 260 V8 doesn't help much either. Both the 350 and 455 were available for this car. I'd get rid of those goofy-looking door lock buttons and replace them with correct ones.

00Q0Q_3L85jKtoKVD_1200x900.jpg

3. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

When I was younger this was the Cutlass model to have, but with a 350 or 455 engine. This is the same body style the Olds teams raced in Nascar. With the slanted aero nose & semi fastback roofline. Nicely preserved example, but low option, but most of the Cutlass S models were. I always liked how they kept the larger rear 1/4 window that flows with this roof line better than the opera windows on the 76-77 Chevy & Pontiac versions.

4. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Pretty sharp example of a car you rarely see anymore. I always preferred the regular flat nose Cutlass to the slanty nose on these, but that is just me. The 260 is a good place holder for something larger.