1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Castilian Estate Wagon (1 of 50)

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Erik Boattail, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Erik Boattail

Erik Boattail Menior Sember

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/d/midlothian-1976-cadillac-fleetwood/6938608504.html

1976 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD CASTILIAN ESTATE WAGON - $4800 (Midlothian, TX)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood

VIN: 6B6986Q169138
    fuel: gas
    title status: clean
    transmission: automatic
    type: wagon

EXTREMELY RARE 1976 Cadillac Station Wagon. One of only 50 produced in 1975 - 76.
    The Castilian Wagon as well as the Mirage Sports Wagon (Chevy El Camino style Deville) were built by Traditional Coach Works, LTD in California.
    These were so expensive when new, only the very wealthy could aford them. You could buy 5 new Cadillacs for the same price!
    Celebrities like Elvis, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr and Evil Knievel owned one.
    This particular one was owned from day one by a Dallas business man who purchased it from Sewell Cadillac.
    This car runs and will drive on to a trailer but due to the fact it hasn’t been driven in years or stored properly, the tires have flat spots.
    The 500 ci V8 runs well especially for a car that’s sat for so long. The gas tank has been bypassed for the same reason.
    There are rust issues. Floor pans will need to be replaced.
    Underwent a low quality refurb years ago and will definitely need total restoration
    I’ve only seen four other Cadillac station wagons in my entire life and that was years ago. These are rarer than a 1955 1956 or 1957 Chevrolet Nomad.
    Once restored this car would make excellent business advertisement.
    I’ve listed the title as clean because none of the options apply. Since the original owner was a dealer, the car has never been titled. He kept dealer plates on it the entire time.
    Feel free to call or text with any questions.

2. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

Shame that moldy thing is JUNK!

3. Erik Boattail

Erik Boattail Menior Sember

Clueless people like you can always hire a professional car restoration company, that car is in pretty good shape... [​IMG]

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think”Junk” is a bit harsh. There is a lot there to start with. However, unless you can do some, or most of the work yourself, sadly a professional restoration would probably be cost prohibitive. You’d probably be in that car at least high 5 figures, or low 6 figures to bring it back to its former glory. But it is truly a stunning piece of history. Wonder what a restored one of these would be worth.

5. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    I think that's the LONGEST car I have ever seen, minus those Frankenstein limousines.

6. WagonKiller

Honestly not what you would think. I have seen them go for hundreds of dollars that's it. I looked at a flower car like this(same chassis set up but el-camino deal) was LESS work than this and I could of gotten it for way less than 1000 (scrap price when scrap was high) I actually would of bought it but there was NO TAILGATE <<<<<<< Big no go for me.

7. WagonKiller

I dunno they did make a clamshell Fleetwood but may not of been as long. As it used the same rear frame/body as a clam

8. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

I don't know I think I'd have to go with WagonKiller's opinion. ( Full disclosure, I did buy some parts from him in the past!) With the mold and the rusty floor pans and serious rust in the roof, I think it would be better to just buy a nice 76 Cadillac 4 door sedan for that money. If it was the Cadillac clamshell version, that would be worth saving. This car isn't worth too much the way it sits.

WagonKiller likes this.
  9. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey, you would be the first owner.

10. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

I'd go in cheap with WagonKiller. Then the first title could show WagonKiller as the owner for the very short life this Castillian would have!

11. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage: