1975 Caprice Conv 1,172 miles

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by wagon1, Aug 16, 2019.

1. wagon1

wagon1 Active Member

2. Bigboats34

Bigboats34 Well-Known Member

I live close to this car and have seen it once at a local show. It is gorgeous but I had no idea how low the miles were.

Bucket list/lottery winner car for me with this color combo and the cloth interior. I hope it goes to a good home.

3. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

The driver's side remote control is easy to see. As far as the passenger side, I'm guessing not. The control for that was usually in the middle of the dash, wasn't it? I don't see that in this photo, which is the best we have of the dash. I do see cruise control, air conditioning, fuel economy meter, power seats, windows, and door locks, clock, passenger-side trash bin, and tilt wheel. I love the upholstery.

Bidding to over $30,000 now, and reserve still not met.

4. wagon1

wagon1 Active Member

split bench. It's a unicorn with the miles, even more so if it were the 454.

5. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Plus it does not have the optional drivers side air bag, I could not find a picture of the Chevy version on line, but here is the 75 Buick version. The steering wheels only differed by the emblem placed on them. Available in Full Size Chevy, Buick, & Cadillac models 73-75. Very seldom seen option.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

After doing a little on line research, I found out that 75 Chevy's did not offer air bags as an option. My confusion is from my sister buying a used 73 Chevy Impala that was equipped with them. Apparently GM had made around 1000 Chevy Impala's equipped with the new system, and put them in rental fleets for real world testing. My sisters car purchased in the late 1970's must have been one of those cars.
    They were optional on 74-75 Buick's & Cadillac's only, plus one year of Olds Toronado's but the article did not say what year. Only around 5000 cars were so equipped in 74-75, so the option was canceled for the 76 Model year. So ignore my previous post.

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I used to know someone who had all the Kent-Moore test equipment for these air bags. The Olds cars were '74 only, based on an article I read a long time ago, where a Hollywood movie deliberately crashed an Olds, which deployed the bag. The article stated that Olds had only elected to run them for the '74 MY.