we finally saw snow

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 59 wagon man, Jul 30, 2019.

1. 59 wagon man

59 wagon man Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    well since my daughter was small we have never had any luck in showing her snow . It seemed everytime we went north it never snowed. well we just returned from a roadtrip from fla to death valley national park in ca to las Vegas to the ghost town of bannack Montana. while leaving Yellowstone to head towards deadwood SD the beartooth scenic parkway was suggested well it was a helluva of a ride ( I guess the sign that said no maintenance for the next 50 miles should have been a clue). well we had snow, slush ,falling rocks the size of basketballs, fog, darkness and people stopped in the middle of the road ,my wife said she was never so scared in a car before and it wasn't even my driving!!! so this was the end of July in Montana but we made it home safe after about 9500 miles in about 3 weeks in the dodge

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Wow. Stopped in the middle of the road. You kinda wish they'd do it in the fog, so they don't see that basketball-sized rock coming....

3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I think, he meant hail stones the size of basketballs. If Mother Nature starts dropping such ordnance on us, it'll be bulletproof tinted windshield ordering time. Awwww, Hail!

[​IMG]

Vintage jumbo Heaven Clunkers:

[​IMG]

4. 59 wagon man

59 wagon man Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    no they were rocks off the side of the mountain. I will see if my daughter took some pics cause I was driving and didn't think it would be a good time to pull out my phone

5. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    That's a normal occurance, once water between cracks starts to freeze, resulting in chunks breaking off. That's why they erect fences around where they blasted away rock, when they built roads through mountainous areas. Sometimes, these chunks aren't so tiny like bowling balls are

[​IMG]

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Yup. Washington State moved up its timetable to widen Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass because a mother and her children were instantly crushed to death in their SUV when a bus-sized boulder broke off, pushed through the chain link and pancaked them. They began blasting in '08, and finally finished taking those hillsides back in '12, then built an elevated section past it so that fresh boulders would roll under the highway. During the blasting and construction time, they made a fence of 20 and 40 foot containers filled with rock, stopping any slides or errant boulders, to protect the old highway right-of-way.

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    They should simply flatten mountains. What do we need them for anyway? All they do is to trap smog, so that separate legislation and unneeded separate assembly lines for Pacific vehicles have to be initiated. Once flattened, we'd end up with a greater practical Earth diameter which could be used for agricultue instead. Tunnels would then become an obsolete invention

8. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Ivy. What a genius. :tiphat: One thing Mountains are good for is a buffer between decent society and mountain folk. They got they’re own ways some of them and should be approached with caution. There are “beware falling rock”signs on the way to Chattanooga. No fences, just giant boulder smashed all along the shoulder of a 2 lane interstate and your either going up or down a mountain. Ask modelT he knows. There’s also runways of deep gravel for runaway trucks that get going too fast down the mountain . Wait.. what are we talking about?! Snow?!

kevdupuis and Poison_Ivy like this.