Anouther 427 powere 1969 Kingswood Estate TX C/L

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by cammerjeff, Jun 21, 2019.

1. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

That is one cool wagon. Looks like the engine may have aftermarket aluminum heads. Probably moves pretty good.

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Have we seen this guy before? Seems I remember this TX wagon.

4. Twohundred

Twohundred Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    At least 20K in repair/respray cost. Most likely a total of 30K before fully restored. Is the car worth 30K+ when done?
    I think not.

5. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

I figured the asking price was about 2X the most the car was worth in its present condition, but I have a soft spot for 69 427 powered Chevy longroof's. even if my father tried to kill me in our 427 4-speed townsman. But it was a fun car to ride in!!!! I was only around 10 years old when he flipped it with me in it. We all survived with only minor scrapes & bruises somehow (even my dog)

ModelT1 likes this.
  6. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

A 427 4 speed wagon would have been one neat car. Glad everyone walked away and must have been sad to see it go to the wrecker if it was scrapped. I think this wagon would be worth easy 20-25K restored seeing what wagons are bringing these days, especially Chevy's and not too many loaded ones with 427's. Costs quite a bit to restore as mentioned so I'd just try to control the rust, maybe make the rear passenger quarter wood grain match the doors, clear it and just drive it for awhile as-is. Going to be lot of fun with that 427 especially if it's built like this one appears to be.

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I somehow envision the scolding your dad got from your mom as being a re-make of insulting zants Ralph Cramdon got from Alice in the Hooneymooners seiries

ModelT1 likes this.
  8. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

Just my .02 - I think this wagon, being a fairly sold TX car and with the way it was equipped - this would being 40K at an auction restored. As it sits, I think 5G's is fair(providing the pics are not misleading)

Let me explain - with the proper promotion (i.e. B-J's big auction lights and the sort) and a lot of guys with too much money, they would hype this as a kind of "Holy Grail" muscle wagon (of course with the proper documentation) and I believe there would be a pissing match among bidders for a wonderfully restored wagon like this.

I would do it, of course, if I had the money. I would spend 40K at an auction for a nice resto of this car. I like these things. And I'm primarily into FoMoCo and Mopar. And keep in mind I'm a cheapskate (and I would still be one if I won the powerball). A lot of people like these things.

ModelT1, 60Mercman and Poison_Ivy like this.
  9. Twohundred

Twohundred Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    You are most likely right. 40K is a lot, but looking on various car repair shows and sometimes I keep wondering if people are sane (based on what they pay).