1974 Ford LTD Country Suire

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Feb 24, 2019.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

101Volts likes this.
  2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah. I think I’d offer $1,500 and ask if he had the original wheels and hubcaps. He could even keep the tires. I agree jwdtenn. I had a friend that bought a junker type ‘57 Lincoln, and before he even fished it home to get it running $1,000 to powder coat and paint the wheels. Whaaaaaat? Sad part about it. That Squire was probably a nice car 8 years ago when he got it from the family down the street for $2,000. He banged in the front end running it under something when he wasn’t paying attention, has put a bunch of miles on it, “new rims” to make it look hot, now it’s ready for its next owner who can appreciate his handy work.

3. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Notice there are NO pictures of the passenger side. May be a lazy cammer or maybe he's hiding something.

4. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The wheels are OEM modern Mustang wheels. Very easy and cheap to find. So, it's not likely that the seller has a lot of money tied up in the wheels. They most likely required spacers.

5. Londoner

Londoner Member

Well...

I bought this wagon. Yes, the wheels are... well, ya know... and I will be returning it to the original set up in due course; however; the tires are in good shape, so no rush at the moment as there are more pressing issues.

This wagon is in pretty good shape - all things being equal. It does need a lot of work, but the bones are good. I am fortunate enough to have a good friend (who hates the car) but has access to a fully equipped aerospace quality machine shop. As for the rest, I will rely on cunning, luck and the collective knowledge of this forum.

The passenger side of the car is fine - and, I have no criticism of the guy I bought the car from as he is responsible for rescuing it from rotting away. I will post more pictures - at some point. I have already bought a new grille, and a new left side hood hinge - I have a replacement front panel for in front of the hood, whatever that's called, and I have installed a new master window switch.

I have questions - which I will ask in due course - although I think they have already been asked, and may, or may not, already have been answered.

Anyhoo, I love my wagon - more to follow...

101Volts and 60Mercman like this.
  6. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! :cheers:

101Volts likes this.
  7. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ditto. ‘74 is a nice looking year. Good luck with it.

101Volts likes this.