1978 Oldsmobile Toronado

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jaunty75, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Here's one I'm pretty sure we haven't seen before. Looks very nice, and the BIN price is quite reasonable. Mileage shows as 24,000, but he says it turned over. Car looks very good for 124,000 miles.

What's the difference between "original" and "very original?" It's sort of like the difference between "pregnant" and "very pregnant" or "unique" and "very unique."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223546512582?ul_noapp=true

photo 01.jpg

The interior is exactly the same as on my car, and is apparently the most popular interior color choice as we seem to see it most often.

photo 01.jpg photo 14.jpg

Car is well-optioned, with trip odometer and fuel economy gauge, two items my car doesn't have. I notice that the button for the cruise control at the end of the turn signal stalk is missing. Kind of an odd thing to be missing. He also says the clock doesn't work, which should be a simple fix (it's easy to remove, and if you can't get it working on the benchtop, clocks for these cars come up for sale fairly regularly on ebay), and the power antenna doesn't go down, which is VERY par for the course for these cars. I replaced mine with a modern, aftermarket unit.

photo 17.jpg

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I love the interior. Very original and unique car. Photos could pass as a 24,000 mile car

3. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I agree, looks very good for a 124,000 mile car. The one aspect that does support the mileage is the condition of the engine compartment. It looks more 124,000 than any other part of the car.

photo 19.jpg

4. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The leather's also wrinkled. But, that has less to do with milage and more to do with age