Murphy's law strikes again

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by 59 wagon man, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

The backlight, as I said, didn't shatter. My head had a huge goose egg for a couple weeks, though.

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Dear Mr Murphy, Wagon Man, and others, I went back to the beginning of these comments and I'm still confused.
    Sadly way back, I was preparing to order the '55 Chevy rack and pinion set up, or the GM box conversion. Things happened and I got busy. We eventually got old and moved back to Illinoiz. My '55 wagon was covered in a haze of salt spray from being delivered in an open trailer. (See Avatar)
    My adult kids didn't seem to notice and the wagon sat in the garage for over a year with the salt rusting and corroding everything. Someone or something 'borrowed' all easily removeable parts from the engine. Now, over 4-yrs have passed and Mr Murphy has kept messing around with me and my plans.
    I almost ordered a metal shelter to park two cars under in front of my smallish 2-car garage here in beautiful central Illinois, where there are no palm trees, white sandy beaches, or fire ants. Fear of high winds or small tornados made me hold off on the shelter. But, so far, everything I've ordered for years, has arrived fast and in good shape. Murphy's law, Carma, and Mother Nature will always be watching over us. Just keep on playing with your old cars and young women. Life and old age ain't easy. If it were, there'd be lots more grouchy old men and women.
    Yes, I'm still confused. Maybe stamp collecting or baseball cards would have been better hobbys.:huh:

60Mercman and Poison_Ivy like this.
  3. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Maybe stamp collecting or baseball cards would have been better hobbys.:huh:[/QUOTE]

No I don't think so.:scratchchin: