1976 Mercury Montego MX

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, May 18, 2017.

1. westminsterfjr

westminsterfjr Member

Wagon Garage:
    It sure brings back a lot of good memories. We had one from 1975 to 1982. I started my search eight years ago with the intention of surprising my dad with one since he often talks about the one we had. We did many cross country trips with that car. Unfortunately, he passed away last summer and I wasn’t able to obtain one on time. But given all the turns in events I mentioned in my previous posting, I can’t help but to think that he had something to do with uniting me to this car.

2. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

It is the same car but the pics from the 2017 craigslist ad have expired.

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    You know it’s interesting. I think a lot of people buy and enjoy cars for the memories they exude. I know that’s why I love my Colony Park. It’s ashame your dad didn’t see this car. You know he would be happy for you. I hope you have kids that will make memories with you in the car. It’s also interesting that there is usually not a show, or an event that I take a wagon and somebody doesn’t come up and tell a great story about their folks or a neighbor that had one and some fun event, or memory they had in a wagon. Enjoy your Mercury! It really is a beautiful car

4. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It is not just memories they exude, but memories they create. I find as many people see 9 people roll out of my Town and Country and just have slack jaw, as walk up and tell me about their story facing backwards somewhere. I got a barn full of people’s memories. Literally picked up a brand new car for my 86 yr old mom today ( an independence thing). for the last week until delivery she has been talking about what she learned to drive on - 46 Ford Super Deluxe. I’m scrambling to find one of those now. Memories matter. If anyone knows where to find one...I’m in...

101Volts likes this.