Located in Newmarket, ON. Rob wants 'em all gone. Rob sounds like a bit of a difficult guy. Yes, he's actually charging $500 (not clear if that's U.S. dollars or that Canadian funny-money) just to see the cars. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-parts-...ow/1415617107?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true Even made the local driving website. https://driving.ca/volkswagen/auto-...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1550695399
The seller of these hulks seems like a real peach. He's likely been hoarding these things for years, allowing them to slowly rot away. I would be willing to bet that he's turned down hundreds of offers. And now, for whatever reason, he has done a 180 and decided he wants to sell them. But of course he can't be bothered with doing it one at a time. And he's going to charge you $500 just to come and take a look? Really? The entire tone of the ad sounds so much like "I'm doing you all a favor, so just shut up, pay your admittance fee and make up your mind." I only know what I have gathered from the article you posted, but this gentlemen seems to epitomize EVERYTHING that is wrong with the classic automobile hobby. Honestly the more I read and the more I think about it the more this fellow is getting on my nerves.
In that case, we should do something about it. That property can be pinpointed, using Google Earth. Canadians are disarmed, anyway. So, what's he going to do about it, when that property gets uninvited visitors, some with toolboxes? Maybe, he lives in one of those buses and therefore needs the admission fee
If he sits on them any longer, he'll have to soon start living in them, if he doesen't already. I wanted to send this guy a message. But, they want you to sign in, first
I wanted to warn him that our forum was ready to pay him a clandestine visit, without bothering to pay the requested entrance fees