1976 Oldsmobile 6 passenger clamshell

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by SwannyMotorsports, Dec 17, 2018.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Derbies usually have different divisions. Full-size v. full-size; compact v. compact.

WagonKiller likes this.
  2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I got turned off when there was a driver in California that bragged about the ‘63 1/2 Turquoise Galaxie fast back that he bought from an elderly lady. The car was mint with 31,000 mikes on it. It was almost a sense of pride to him that he was the one that killed it off.

3. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    They'll smash $10,000 Clams in another 15 years too if the Clams aren't banned by then. The cars will be about 60 and still in demand to be smashed in a demolition derby.

4. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sigh. Maybe I should be more enthused to maybe get the 67 Grand Prix Convertible that Grandpap bought when it was new. I don't expect Uncle to sell it off since it's legally still between him and Mother and it's sitting in a garage now but still.

And no, it's not driveable as is; mold's all through the interior and it's been sitting almost all of the last 52 years at 26k miles. You know the motor's going to need new gaskets and the transmission won't be much better, the roof was chewed by an inconsiderate mouse too.

fannie likes this.
  5. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd never do it myself but after dumping $ after $ on parts and resto work etc.. and then when selling to deal with the guys who pick it apart ( this applies to any type of car I've tried to sell ), sometimes smashing it up might be more fun!

6. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

Personally I'd take a 74 Stage1 Rivy GS over a wagon. For the derby. Hell would be cool for a driver too. I like the room in the wagons for driving and towing also.
    I cannot believe the cash these guys will spend on building cars these days. That sport is no where near what it used to be, nor is it WHAT is was supposed to be.

7. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Y’all didn’t know that the demolition derby’s these days are funded by the Taliban? It’s all part of their “destroy American” campaign. Along with good ol’ fashion American iron they’ve also set their sights on the apple pie industry, rock and roll, and cowboy hats. That last one I kind of agree with

fannie likes this.
  8. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

The Rock and Roll aspect must be working, because it seems like hip-hop is the thing now, and it seems like rock isn't what it once was.

Comment from Poison Ivy in 3 - 2 - 1........

Grizz likes this.
  9. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My car has been picked apart for trim but I am sending it back out whole and running. It is also rust free. Just nobody wants the dang Chryslers. Guess that is why they didn’t sell many either!

10. brydm

brydm Active Member

This reminded me that my '74 estate is a Stage 1. 5th digit VIN is W. I had no idea they made Stage 1 wagons until I bought mine.

11. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

They put that engine/trans in a LOT more than you would expect. I bought a plain jane green rivy for the derby. A guy told me about it as he didn't get into that particular kind of car. I went to look at it super solid save for the rear bumper. Opened the hood and it had a stage 1 air cleaner on it but hell someone could of put that there lol. Got it home and got it running and good lord it screamed! Started checking and it had the 12 bolt posi 2;23 rear end the BT coded trans and all! Complete stage 1 drive train. So I kept it! (the drive train)

12. brydm

brydm Active Member